Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Feeder Fish?

Featured Replies

I have about 20 1" long hybrid cichlids that I need to deal with. Obviously I cant sell them, breed with them and now I can no longer keep them!

I had hoped that my Hap Comps and Alto Comps would sort the issue for me, but no.. they are still surviving!! I havent got the heart to do it myself..

Does anyone know of somewhere willing to take them as feeder fish (with no chances of survival)??

If not whats the nicest way to do this horrible deed?

wow glad someones not going to try and sell hybrid fry.. At 1inch though surely you will struggle to find something that will eat african's they're relatively big and fast and rugged..

I always feed them small as then theres no doubt they will get eaten.

I have always wondered what I would do in your situation if I had raised some fry and realised at that size they were hybrids im sure someone else will have some ideas or something monster enough to eat them!

On another side have you bred the alto comps yet :) Would be keen on some babies lol

  • Author

Ha! I wish... :) Ive actually only got one very lonely Alto (my post was a bit misleading:)).. Im looking for a couple more, but Im struggling - So if anyone knows where to source these let me know!

Tye, I have a 19" Clown Knife that will get rid of them for you. I'm also in the Hutt, Waterloo/Waiwhetu to be more specific. Send me a PM if you'd like me to take them.

depending on the size of them, i have a 20cm ghost knife who has become fussy and only wants live food. only if there is too much for tracey to take, i'll take the rest.

Hi there!

I'd be very happy to take some off your hands for my puffer - I've seen him eat things up to about 4 inches so he could polish yours off easily! Let me know if you've got any left, thanks! :)

LOL now everyone wants them!! :D:D

Tsarmina, Fishy-t.... it sounds like your need is probably greater than mine. My Clown will eat them, but he'll also eat his prepared foods so its not necessary for me to have them.

i may have to take a pass on these. it seems my boy won't eat cichlids :roll:

dropped a couple of baby convicts in there last night and he hasn't touched them.

U guys do have some cool fishes :) Id take them if i had some massive to feed them to.. like an aro.. :P hope you find some way to get rid of them (nicely)

:roll:

  • Author

Thanks Guys.. for all your comments... the fish are now going to a good home, though they might not think so..

Excuse my ignorance, but is Kenyl a Hybrid? I have 2 big blue Cichlids with black stripes and I think they are female Kenyl.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.