inlet/outlet bend width

sharn

hey all, im looking at getting a canister for one of my tanks and have a problem- the bracing that runs along the back is around 75mm and i was unsure of what filters would have an inlet/outlet bend that would be able to fit over that? are there any filters that have bendy bends ( :lol: )? if not is there some way i could modify the hoses or add bits? i would just drill a hole but breaking down a 360L with big fish in it could be a fair amount of work :lol:

also does anyone have the measurements of the aqua one CF1200 inlet/outlet bends? i have a rena and jebao (both which would not fit on that tank) and would like to give these ones a try and being a student i dont have 200+ to splash out on an eheim/fluval (if these have the right size bends i might just suck it up and get one though).

thanks heaps guys :hail:

Don't have an AquaOne, but I have the Jebo 81x filters, went downstairs to measure and they were 60mm inside gap.

75mm is a nice piece of brace btw

Anywho cannister filters come with quite a lot of spare hose, which fits on to the piping, so I'd suggest cutting the curved pipe at the top (hacksaw) and using a bit of the flexible rubber hosing as a 15mm-ish extension :)

The rear bracing is a real pain in the butt with a spray bar though. I only have one tank like that and I just gave up getting the spray bar to sit properly, but you could do it. Mine came with spare piping for 'misc purposes', and now I can see why.

Edit: because I have nothing better to do at midnight and I'm not tired, here is a pretty picture:

spraybar.gif

to do that you'd only need one extra elbow piece, which shouldn't cost more than about a dollar or two (perfect for the student budget). I also quickly checked the Eheim install kits, but couldn't see any solution for you there.

Edit 2: The 2nd 'piece of rubber' at the bottom should actually be a piece of plastic tubing. The rubber piping can't attach to the elbows. The Jebo's came with the spare plastic pipe so I imagine the AquaOne does too, if the Aqua one doesn't I can send one or you can pick them up cheap as well.

Yer the 404's have them, I find they 'pop off' sometimes and 'fling' goes ya pipe and 'weeeeee' goes all the water on the floor! :lol:

The 'L' bits have slots in them, I use cable ties through them so they don't pop off. I also heat the tube in hot water where I wont to bend it, you dont need to do this but it helps it to stay in the shape that you want.

i think i may have seen pics of those L bits with the hosing in them, if i remember rightly they look like exactly what id need :) does anyone have any pics of the L bits with their hosing set up? i cant seem to find much on google :(

thanks heaps SW, great job :hail: i will look at doing that if i cant find some bendy inlets (im a bit paranoid when it comes to DIY with filters).

thanks guys!!

seems the ribbed hosing causes cleaning problems with the fluvals from the reviews ive read so ive been looking at the eheims (not sure if id be buying at that price but a second hand one might be within reach) does anyone have a pro 2 (unsure of model no) that they could give me the inlet bend width? i spotted an 'installation set' on TM, is this to increase the width of the inlet bend so it can fit over larger braced tanks? did a google and it says it increases suction and all this other fancy stuff but it looks like it may make the inlet bend longer?

does anyone have any pics of the L bits with their hosing set up?

Yep, just tried to upload on photobucket but pb seems to be having a hernia and is *real* slow.

Sharn - pm us your email and I'll email them to you, or you could just have a look the next time you're over.

We're running an aqua one cf1200 on 350Ltr, have had no problems, unlike fluval which we couldn't get to seal and gave away.