New Tank Set-up

CatBrat

Hey Chris, nah I didnt get one off you, but probably will one day :wink: They purple and blue tip acro's I did get have coloured up HEAPS really happy. Keen to catch up and see your tank after the light upgrade, and also your boys native saltwater tank :D

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a common green sarcophyton from indonesia. hollywood had a few some time ago

no really :o never seen one of them until a friend asked me to look after his one :D (its been 2 years now) and havn't seen one since either.

Keen to catch up and see your tank after the light upgrade

you should as colours do have improved not to sure yet if the growth has decreased. time will tell

I thought everyone has some of cookies corals

not quite but i am working on it. as nothing beats good tank grown frags versus newly imported corals, especially for beginners :wink:

no really never seen one of them until a friend asked me to look after his one (its been 2 years now) and havn't seen one since either

seen a few this year already. most tend to be cultured. here is one similiar but has lighter green polyps.

sarchophyton_green.gif

• 2 months later...

Update time...

Well I treated myself/tank about a month ago a got me a new light set-up! 2x double 24W T5HO's!! They are awsome little units! I got my dad to buildme a hood, it cameout pretty good. It weighs all for 1kg! with the lights all in!

glolights1copy.jpg

Oh the awsomeness!!!

hood-1copy.jpg

One of the 3 built in vents...

vent1copy.jpg

And the tank...

tank1copy.jpg

The tank needs a bit of work, but there has been some pretty good growth since the lights went on. Haven't taken many pic's lately, but will try to post some simi decent ones soon.

Peak-a-boo...

peck1copy.jpg

Cheers, Jake.

Could you post some more info about where you got the lights, how much etc? They look great!

Photos amazing too!

Cheers

EDIT: To save hijacking your thread - they don't come in the 24" range perchance? I suppose you could just buy the ballasts though.

Just a few close up coral pic's today...

gsp1copy.jpg

leathercopy.jpg

hammer-1copy.jpg

This is one of the first pieces that went into my tank. It was around 5mm when I put it in, nows its about 2cm around, and 3.5 cm long.

cuctus1copy.jpg

Can someone tell me what this is please?

unknown1copy.jpg

2corals-1copy.jpg

The original tiny candy cane continues to grow...

CandyGrowth1.jpg

Here it is today...

candygrowth2.jpg

Cheers, Jake.

Here's a few more pic's...

Full tank...

zre4copy.jpg

Just the Blues on...

zre3copy.jpg

And a couple of new corals...

Hairy 'shrooms:

zre2copy.jpg

Orange Fungia: after 2 hours in my tank (not fully opened yet)

zre6copy.jpg

zrefungia1copy.jpg

With the blues on:

zre5copy.jpg

Im stoked about the fungia as I have been wanting to find one since I set my tank up!!

Cheers, Jake.

• 2 weeks later...