Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hello

Featured Replies

Hi guys, been in this forum for a while now, never really post cuz i read a lot on the forums.. :D Just thought I'd say Hi :wink:

  • Author

hello fishboi and timtam22. hahah my mom calls me boi.. so yeah..

I got a cichlid tank now (3ft) with 9 malawi's and 4 still in my LFS. Another smaller tank full of guppies. Bought 6 on trademe about 2 months ago now i ended up with 20+ LOL, Also have another 3ft but thinner tank at my Gf's place. Thats a tropical.. mixed varieties.

Getting a 3m tank tomorrow tho thru trademe.. been wanting a tank like this for a while.. :D Wish me luck setting it up. Gonna have a sump built for it. and once the tank is cycled then ill collect the 4 fishes i have at de LFS.. haha he must be wondring why..

those are my plans for now.. i might make the old 3ft into a marine.. but thats saved till next time

thanks guys :bounce:

What type of malawi's do you have in it?? I am just setting up a new 5ft tank and I am thinking of having cichlids but am not quite sure just yet :-?

And luck for setting up the new tank

:lol: haha thats soooo funny pawz :lol:

Can't say I'd be keen on doing bucket by bucket water changes on a 3mtr tank, How many litres does it hold??

And I double that, what are you going to put in there???????

i am also very interested in the plans for this beast set up 3m = 10foot? is this the biggest one yet?

whats the actual measurement and what are u planning to do with lights, subtract..........i am excited for u :bounce:

  • Author

Hey guys, Im a bit excited but dissapointed as well. Got the tank thru trademe.. advertised for 3m here:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... d=69223285

but when I went to pick it up this morning.. it was actually 1.95 mtr!!... Im 1mtr short... Sorry to dissapoint you guys :( but i got it anyways but way way less that i would have paid for. :oops: But am happy with it at the mo.. has curved edges stand and lid which has 6 slots for tubes roughly 29" i think... My malawi's going in there :D

P1020685-small.jpg

Stands are sitting in my garage at the mo for cleaning and touch ups..

  • Author

Its not that big in terms of volume but its roughly about 500L. Getting a sump made for it and this will go into the cabinet under the tank. Here's some more pics:

Lid/hood (upside down):

P1020692-small.jpg

Stand:

P1020691-small.jpg

Some of my critters :wink:

P1020698-small.jpg

P1020695-small.jpg

The Malawis that are going into the new tank are what I have in my 3ft now:

1 x Melanochromis Johanni (Male)

2 x Yellow Lab (a.k.a Electric Yellows)

4 x Kenyi's

1 x Blue Zebra? (I think..)

1 x Bumble Bee

1 x Yellow Stripe

1 x Melanochromis Interruptus (I think.. but definately a melanochromis.. not johanii)

1 x Rainbow

2 x Tropheus Duboisi (Pair)

2 x Protomelas Taeniolatus (Pair)

Will get more when the new tank is set up properly. My get 2 female Johanii's

other than the fishes, lots of rock and sand or white marble chips to go in.

Tank should be up and running by next week, once sump is set up and running and cycled :D

Again, I do apologise for getting you guys hyped up on a 3 mtr tank that turned out to be shorter..

:oops:

Hi Boi,

that is a nice big tank it should keep you of mischief for a while don't forget to keep us in the picture will follow with interest.

cheers Jim.

bugger about it being a bit shorter than what you thought you were buying but still a very cool tank - I WANT I WANT I WANT hehe

is it a Aqua one tank and stand?? or do you know any of the tanks details??

Very Nice anyway, keep us updated with photos :wink:

How come you gave him a SMILEE on his feedback on TM, for a tank only 2/3ds the size it should have been??????

Alan 104

  • Author
How come you gave him a SMILEE on his feedback on TM, for a tank only 2/3ds the size it should have been??????

Hey Alan :D I thought it wasnt a bad trade altho the details were not right. The guy was friendly, and he let it go to me with a price at about 1/3 of what I won the auction for, I thought it was a steal.

  • Author

Will keep you guys posted :D Waiting on the glass/aquarium man to talk with regarding the sump and overflow etc.

Im wondering, should i continue on here regarding the tank project?? or should this be moved into a different section on the forum? Maybe under cichlids or members tanks? Just my 2c :bounce:

oh yeah one of my duboisi's is losing its spots now.. i guess its growing up :wink:

Thanks everyone for your interests :roll:

Hey in the photo what is the fish called that is black with yellow spots?

I am new to cichlids and I am about to set up a malawi tank so trying to find some cool cichlids to watch out for. :D

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.