September 6, 200620 yr comment_119792 Does anyone have sting rays in their aquarium in nz? big or small, just out of curiosity. Report
September 6, 200620 yr comment_119794 Id be worried if they/anyone did :lol: but ya never know with us Kiwi's Sorry I cant help!! Report
September 6, 200620 yr Author comment_119799 always liked them, is it illegal to have them in an aquarium (home)? Report
September 6, 200620 yr comment_119833 I don't know about the legalities but most tanks would just be too small for the type of rays we have here I think. Report
September 6, 200620 yr comment_119844 I have seen small freshwater rays on some american sites, but they are probably not in NZ. Report
September 7, 200620 yr comment_119931 dont think those tropical ones are legal, and the ones out in the ocean would grow too big and probably be highly illegal to keep unless you're kelly tarltons :lol: Report
September 7, 200620 yr comment_119949 Legality of keeping them isn't the problem. It's just that they've never(I assume) been imported and aren't on the allowed list so never will be. Report
September 7, 200620 yr comment_119981 I have seen rays born in NZ and they were 200 - 300mm across so would need large tank even for newbornes Report
September 8, 200620 yr Author comment_120111 wow i guess size is what keeps them away. but here are some v small stingrays as adults http://www.tcp-ip.or.jp/~y-miura/fws/Esyurui.html but i guess it cant be imported here? i want the Potamotrygon leopoldi They sell them in pet shops overseas. http://www.aquariumfish.net/catalog_pag ... g_rays.htm Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.