Oh No!!

jude

I need advice urgently - I'm all ready to finish setting up the second hand tank I bought and we did a test fill last night.

When the tank is completely filled the water level is about 1/4 inch higher at one end than the other.

The tank measures 4' x 2' x 2' approximately and is made from 10cm glass.

There are braces around all four edges at the bottom of the tank and the same at the top, with another running across the centre.

The stand is extremely heavy. It has metal framing and I think is made from construction ply with a rimu veneer.

This tank is a monster, I am dreading finding someone to help me lift it if we need to put some packing under one end of the stand.

The water line won't show when the hood is on but will this put too much strain on the tank?

Cheers

Jude

This tank is a monster, I am dreading finding someone to help me lift it if we need to put some packing under one end of the stand.

i'm sure, if need be, we can muster up all the wainui men on here to lift it for you :D

who is there?? Chris, tim, Billaney, Banaro, peanuts husband, mark, etc...

:D:P

Jude... I have the Solution!!!!! :P

Free BBQ*

Judes Place.

* To be eligible for the "Free BBQ" you must be able to single handedly lift one end of Judes tank so that she may shove some packing under the stand.

If you are unable to do this then you must forfeit 1kg of Sirloin steak to Jude

lol Wok. Is that the quickly read small print those radio advertisers say a the end of ads? ;)

Jude sounds like you have exactly the same thing as me, my tank just isn't quite as big 4ftx50cmx50cm whereas yours is 60cmx60cm. I've had no problems with mine at all *touchwood* and it's been going for a number of years. Same as you, strong stand and poly, all helps.

PS.. gotta love the fresh aquascaping and planting I'm sure it will look great, goodluck :)

The tank being slightly off level is only going to put a tiny amount of extra force on the low side. It's only going to be the weight of the extra 1/4" of water which is going to be...Ummm... A pound or two? Don't worry about it.:)

Thanks everyone, thats a relief. I will stop worrying and go ahead and play round with some aquascaping.

Ummmm, well actually, son will have to play round with aquascaping while I give directions cause i can't reach the bottom of the tank ........... LOL

Jude

I have the same problem with mine, cos we built that stand and we arent builders, but we havent had any probs.

I also can't get over how friendly and helpful 'fish people' are

My boyfrind has also remarked "why are all the fish people so nice?"

We think it must be because fish make u happy! :lol:

I have the same problem with mine, cos we built that stand and we arent builders, but we havent had any probs.

My boyfrind has also remarked "why are all the fish people so nice?"

We think it must be because fish make u happy! :lol:

He's obviously never browsed the saltwater forum...:)

:lol: :lol:

Maybe in summer. We had one a couple of years ago and picked the hottest day of the year. It ended up with everyone trying to cram under my one shade tree ......... chairs on the lawn, chairs in the garden, cats under the chairs ....................

It was a good day despite the heat although I was so hot I wasn't much of a hostess and Ian was so hot he made others do the cooking :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, when I think about it, its dangerous coming here for a meal. When Wok and Ballistic and Mystic came round for tea we had takeaways and Wok had to bake a sponge for desert!!!!!

If I have another BBQ, be prepared to cook :D:D:D

Cheers

Jude

Hey it hasnt rained here to two whole days. Must be a drought! :o

There could be a chance my webbed feet will disappear in time to wear sandals in Perth in a few weeks! :lol:

Good luck with the tank sculpting by the way. We are just setting another tank up so looking forward to coming to Wellington tomorrow on a plant expedition.

Need to wait until further into summer when we can at least have a reasonable chance of being able to blob out in the backyard like last time. Odds now will be pretty low.

Blob out? I thought we melted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Right now, you'd have to tread water!

Cheers

Jude