-
guppies post your pics
Regarding tail shapes I'd argue that's all any tail shape is. As for photos: Berlin Pandas. Several generations from caseroles stock earlier in the thread. Throwing just short of 90% berlin fry.
-
Male guppies not interested in females?
Are they quite large fish? Often the older long fin males just completely loose interest (can't keep up).
-
My new Guppies - What colour are they?
Got pair of those females a week ago down here in Otago on the off chance they're Moscow blacks... Going strong, I'm inclined to believe it was the store. EDIT: just checked your location. It's likely I went to the same store... And mine have shown no signs of sickness.
-
What fighters are yall breeding at the mo?
I don't suppose you could point me towards these imports? I'd love to have another crack at this with some decent fish.
-
Winter power bills
Normal bill is around $160-200 in the middle of winter. This month we hit $450 (despite colder months earlier). We have a wood fire for heating so the fish got blamed. Called the plumber around-turns out the HOUSE water heater was to blame, it has been overflowing. The fish still have the blame. :rotf:
-
Where can I find ENDLER guppies?
Used to see these every now and then in Aus. Absoloutely tiny and not much variation between individuals at all. Mostly imported stock. Tiny bodies (smaller even than the inbred thai guppies) and very strong colours (crosses tend to look washed out) are the real give aways. Can't say what the availability over here is.
-
Senior Aquarist Wanted
NB: I'm not affiliated with the advertiser at all, I just thought someone might find this interesting. https://otago.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=31020 The University of Otago is looking for someone with experience caring for marine plants/animals. If I had more experience I'd be on this immediately. Anyway, make what you want of it. :dunno: If anyone does apply, best of luck.
-
Dragon Goby?
Since this fish is brackish I'm not sure here is the right place to put it but... Has anyone ever kept dragon/violet gobies? In this country? The girlfriend has been pestering me ever since she found out about them. :-? While I personally find them ugly as sin, she's the boss.
-
DIY Egg Tumbler
:slfg: Pretty sure that's why I said it. Mind you if you use anything like the same flow rate you can with shrimp you'll probably murderise your fry..
-
DIY Egg Tumbler
The mention of inverted coke bottles reminds me of bbs hatcheries.
-
Melano Black Bettas
Just the females. It's that little bit of extra effort I was looking forward to. Oh well. :cofn: Guess I'll find something.
-
Melano Black Bettas
Are there any in the country? Is there any way to get them in? Just curious because I've been putting off breeding these for a long time. :thup: Thanks in advance.
-
DIY Egg Tumbler
Congrats, good to see your emergency rescue tumbler work. Oh and :nfs:
-
DIY Egg Tumbler
Makes sense fishy fish, thanks. Hopefully some are getting enough movement. Also hopefully the ones that aren't don't contaminate the ones that are...
-
DIY Egg Tumbler
Not a bad little rig. Mind sharing your design flaws so we can learn? :spop:
blackworm
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited