Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Rugz

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Rugz

  1. We stopped in the other day, seahorses are cool so was good seeing babies again. Kids had a ball, my little girl loves your frogs. Oh by the way, people I talked to think your closed.
  2. Theres alot more dog bites than you think, atleast every week, it wouldn't be "news" if they reported every attack. Just a few weeks ago the police etc were called to a house (west Auckland) were a child was attacked by a dog, nothing in the papers or on TV. If it had been her hand and not her face, it wouldn't have even made the "grape vine" let alone TV.
  3. I got a kids building block set, my sons 2 in Aug so it's been put away for him. Found this site the other day, http://www.loveonedaysales.co.nz/ . List of every one day sale sites.
  4. Found this on how to do your own. A simple kitchen stove distiller can be made by taking a very large pot with a lid with your water in it (about 1/3 to 1/2 full), floating an empty glass bowl in the water, then placing the large pot's lid UPSIDE DOWN on the top of the pot. Fill the lid with ice and then set the stove to slowly boil the water in the pot. What happens is that the water vapour travels round the floating glass bowl and condenses on the cold (ice filled) lid. As the lid (should be) is slightly rounded the condensed vapour will run down the underside of the lid and drip into the floating glass bowl. The glass bowl is the collector for your 'distilled' water. Points to note; The glass bowl should never touch the bottom of the pot or it will boil as well, and the lid should not be a perfect seal when upside down. For a purer result, discard the first 10ml in the bowl as this could contain impurities that boil below 100C i.e. first!
  5. Rugz replied to lmsmith's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    Get a visa, we lived on one for almost 4 months while wife was on leave(baby) and I worked for Trade Staff for $12 an hour, some weeks only a few days a week, then had 3 weeks off when bub was born. When things went back to normal we just put it on the morg(you could get a loan) as banks will talk to you again.
  6. My stepdad has a still, I tryed the vodka, was good, strip the hair off a cat, but good. He's staying with us during the week, I'll ask him where he got his stuff from on Tues night.
  7. I've been thinking about that shape(corner pentagon), have a good corner for one. Don't think I would risk doing one myself but may get one made. Good tool here for working out liters, http://reef.diesyst.com/volcalc/volcalc.html
  8. World of Water in Hamilton has some. A bit smaller. Great for a kids room. http://www.worldofwater.co.nz/view_prod ... Aquael2645
  9. TM but they only last 2 odd hours after the sun goes down. If you get any sun that is.
  10. On the right or left?, Google street view jumps the house. I've been past it 100s of times and never noticed :oops: . Butterfly Creek is nice, went the other day, couple of good sized tanks.
  11. Rugz replied to oeminx's topic in The Off Topic Fishroom
    Yeah we were there. Have been watching them practice for the last few weeks. We live close. The F 18 put on a better show when he came in the other day. Friend of ours, was flying the Hercules.
  12. This is a chance for the children to explore the way the animals move at Butterfly Creek . . . bounce like a bunny, crawl like a cockroach, and walk like a chicken, wiggle like an alligator . . . lots of free activities and entertainment for the children. Adults are $10 and children(under 5) are free to attend, this is at a special discounted price! Time: 9:00am – 1.:00pm, Butterfly Creek, THURSDAY 12th of March
  13. Yeah yeah, you better go talk to Hollywood about that then. If you can buy them and you keep them in the temp range they are happy with then whats the prob.
  14. I have Swordtails in a cold tank. From a pet store in the cold water area, also seen them in a fish shop in the cold area for sale.
  15. 8-10 years is about the norm for the computer in them, some can go for longer.
  16. It's brains have fried. How old is it, the computers in them don't last long.
  17. Got kids?? http://www.mummybrain.com Not just for mums, not just about kids. Bit quiet there at the mo, need some new blood.
  18. Rugz replied to Rugz's topic in Welcome
    Hey Caryl I wouldn't say our house is warm, but they are across from the fire, so the tank prob stays quite warm over winter, with 2 young kids we like to keep the house warm. They were sold to me as cold water from a pet shop and have also seen them in a fish shop sold as cold water. But anyway I have only had one die from been sick and they seem to be breading fine :lol: . So they must be ok. I just find Goldfish boring(sorry goldfish lovers) so wanted something different.
  19. Rugz replied to Rugz's topic in Welcome
    Oh yeah thats them, never get rid of them unless you sell the whole tank set up to someone else :lol: .
  20. Rugz posted a topic in Welcome
    Hey, found this Forum when I was looking for info. Have found some interesting stuff after a quick look, but there are so many pages . Anyway I have a 60l tank with what started out with 6 Swordtails, is now lots, I am trying to sell a few off now that I can sex a few of them. They are coldwater, from what I have been told they are ment to be warm, but I got them as cold water and they lived though winter quite happy. I also have snails, just the little redhorn (I think thats what they are called) who no matter how many I get rid of when cleaning just keep on multiplying. After reading a bit more about the Swords I find they need a bit of water flow, I found a bit on rivertanks on here and fine that an interesting idea, more the small ponds, small water falls than the pumps at one end.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.