Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Karen

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. Karen replied to mattwa's topic in Diseases
    Hi Matwa Sorry I can't be of help, I have kept discus for 4 years and not seen anything like this. Try posting on the Australian Discus site http://www.discusforums.com, someone there might help. Good luck.
  2. hanging out at the back of the tank with it's head towards the surface except for when I was doing water changes, it did not appear to be flashing. flicking or breathing hard.
  3. Hi Linda Thanks for the advice, my other 5 discus in the tank appear to be ok, if it had been flukes then I would have expected them all to be infected. Like yours my rose red never grew to the size my other discus did either.
  4. Hi Linda Pleased to hear your discus pulled through. What dose did Ron suggest for the Furan 2, for future reference. I lost my Rose Red a couple of days ago and can't help thinking this may of helped instead of the droncit I used. The Rose Red was a discus I got from Ron a year ago.
  5. Karen replied to Karen's topic in Diseases
    After reading Discus Health I have come to the conclusion she has abdominal dropsy for which there is no cure. She was my fav fish and always came to greet me before all the others.
  6. Karen replied to Karen's topic in Diseases
    Like Ryan I too thought it could be tape worm or blockage, she is off her food as well. I now have her in the quarantine tank. She is swimming fine.
  7. Karen posted a topic in Diseases
    Has anyone any suggestions the best treatment for my female blue turk, she is dark in colour and has a distended tummy, I have been treating her and her two tank mates with Droncit, and now removed her as into a bucket with an airstone temporarily until I can set up a quarantine tank. I have antibiotics and formalin please help. Cannot post a picture as she is already in a blue bucket
  8. I would have to agree with Paul, great meeting last night. Scored some plants for the tank, hoping these will take off. Taking club members advice and turned off the lights to one of my tanks.
  9. Hi Everyone, Just a short note to remind you next meeting 7.30pm this Wednesday 9th July, The Maidstone Centre, 24 Goodshed Rd Upper Hutt. See you there.
  10. Hi Everyone, Just to let you know the AGM will be on Wednesday night, everyone welcome. Would love to see members/visitors and potential new members. 7.30pm The Maidstone Centre 24 Goodshed Rd Upper Hutt. See you there.
  11. I run 4 Fluval cansiters 204,304 & 2 404's and have been for a couple of years, no problems with any of them. Very quiet and I love the way the levers work on the hoses prevent water leaking when carrying out maintainance, much easier than the 403 series. By the way I have second hand parts for the 403's if anyone is interested. Let me know.
  12. Hi Everyone, just another friendly reminder, meeting on tonight 7.30, new members & visitors welcome. See you there.
  13. Hi Guys Just a quick line to advise we are trialing the second Wednesday of every month as an alternative to our previous meeting time of every second Thursday of every month. AGM Wednesday 14th at The Maidstone Centre in Goodshed Rd at 7.30 see you there.
  14. Hi Stella A couple of years ago I purchased off trade me a box of NZ Aquarium magazines some very old. I donated to our Upper Hutt Club, our next meeting is on this Thursday, I could have a look through for you.
  15. Does anyone watching this post think prazi may help, as it is a med for internal worms???

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.