Bettas

Pawz

Hello, floating plants are a necessity, but the male will certainly appreciate it - and the female. Just pull a few plants up and let them float if nothing else, otherwise riccia and duckweed is perfect, indian fern too; even old leaves. Turn the bubbler off so it doesn't disturb the bubble nest. You can restart it when they hatch, but only have it going lightly. I'd use a small tank with no bubblers or filtration to start (so no babies get sucked up).

Goodluck let us know how you get on

hey, i didnt use any plants because they used the uplift tube for the undergravel filter to build a nest against, so im assuming that if they have nothing to build a nest against then they may need plants?

i would turn the air pump off.

hi there

like u i have a beautiful beta m and just last wk acquired a f. i too am anxious about breeding conditions but i am finding ppl very helpful on here. i am in lower hutt as well and have only bn doin this fish thing for about 6 weeks now i love it pls let me knw how u fare and i wil do likewise! :wink:

snails are fine, actually good because they'll clear up any excess food on the bottom and stop waste accumulating. as the mod alan puts it they clear up the extra food etc and leave it little parcels making it easy to then siphon out and keep the water conditions clean.

its a silly shark one that you can turn the nozzle at the bottom for flow. I didnt realise when i cleaned it out a couple of days before i had forgot to close them up again. it was only a littly (3cm) that i got for billaney. so if he gets beck to me this afternoon ill replace it and all will be well.