salt water breeding

eden

Thanks for the reply there Rob. The tank I recently set up has two clown with it though I am not sure of their species but I think they are common clown fish . I do not have them in the tank yet as they are being looked after for me at the moment. So I have two Questions (1). what species are they and (2). Is there any way of identifying the sexes of the pair. Sorry I cannt Get a picture of them up yet I will post one as soon as I get them back.

I'm straying a bit far from familiar territory here Eden, I'll have to rummage through my non-fiction section at home before I can even attempt to answer your questions.

(I seem to recall an old TFH magazine article about how most people think the common clown is one species when most likely it's another - I'll see if I can dig it out).

Anyone out there have actual experience with common/Percular clowns, I've only drooled over them in tanks ('gee isn't cool how they live with the anenonmy') and a bit of reading about them (me being a bookwormish sort of person - getting a box lot of old TFH magazines helped).

Clownfish are very similar to the good old Sword Tail

You can have 2 females in a tank and not long after that you will have 1 Male and 1 Female, Females will change sex, This will not happen the other way though. As for telling them apart, I am not sure on that one, somebody is sure to tell you at some stage hopefully

Cheers

/Bruce

Thanks for that little snippit of info there Bruce. I also just found that out last night whilst browsing through a book last night, and aparently the larger of the two fish will turn into the female. But I would still like to find out how you tell the difference between the two as my two are very close in size. So if any one out there thinks they might have a clue about this, please don't hold back to drop me a line.

Hope 2 here from some one soon!!!!!...

thanks...

• 3 months later...