Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Catfish

Featured Replies

Visit planetcatfish and look up specific catfish that you're thinking about. Panaques of all kinds are good tank mates as they live in the higher temperature range but prefer chewing on wood to sucking on glass. Other than that, here's a few recommendations with common names -

Snowball Pleco

Gold Nugget Pleco

Goldie/Sunshine Pleco

Chocolate Zebra Pleco

Bristlenose catfish

Royal Panaques (sometimes called Royal Plecos)

Clown Pleco

The list goes on and on and on. The main thing is to make sure that you're not putting a cooler climate catfish in with high temperature discus or it will shorten their life span.

Oh, and avoid common plecos (plecostomus hypostomus) or any of the red-spot, gold-spot or other colour variants. I've had common plecs attack discus ruthlessly tearing off flesh and scales and it's really not something that I'd wish on any discus.

The common bristlenose is supposed to be okay, but I've even seen a tiny otocinclus catfish having a go at a discus at the LFS in Tirau when I passed through on Sunday :-?

Oh, and avoid common plecos (plecostomus hypostomus) or any of the red-spot, gold-spot or other colour variants. I've had common plecs attack discus ruthlessly tearing off flesh and scales and it's really not something that I'd wish on any discus.

I still suggest redspots, I love redspots.:) Don't like discus.;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.