Best Digital Cameras for Fish Tank Photography

Luke*

Heya, just wondering what your views are on what you think are the best digital cameras on the market at the moment for photographing fish and tanks. I'm told a camera with good macros is essential. I don't mind spending a bit more to get a really good one.

Cheers :)

I don't want to recomend any camera in particular but it should have macro and large optical zoom.

My camera is really good but it is a pocket size jobie, I would recomend that you buy a camera that looks like the old 35mm type that way you can put a rubber jacket around the lense for cutting out the glear from light reflecting off the front glass pane, if you don't know what I mean you will when you take your first shot and all you can see in the pic is a reflection of someones fingers holding onto a camera and an idiot sterring back at you, at least thats what happened to me :lol: :lol:

I've always thought that it would have been really helpful if members could post a small detail about the camera they use.. and the settings... bit like when you get your photographs published in mags.

Many pics here are better than the mags.. and a few details might be helpful to others for camera selection.

I use the Sony DSCF828 with the close up lens. I was going to buy the Canon 350, but i'm A Sony fan and don't want to have to pay big dollars for the canon lens.

This year is the first time I have got more seriously into taking photos, so I am still learning. So far the picture taking has been hit or miss :roll:

As I work in retail I am looking forward to trying out the new Sony digital SLR cameras when they arrive in the country.

Here is the camera review website that I find very informative for anyone buying a camera. There is also a forum area for questions and answers.

http://www.dpreview.com/

Here is the link for photographing corals http://www.ximinasphotography.com/lesso ... g%20Corals

We have sony F828 to but Grant thinks the digital SLRs are the way to go. They are faster, easier to focus and manual focus is essential (he claims). Good range of lenses available. Bad part is the lenses cost a lot of money.

There are good deals on the Canons at the moment, like the EOS350e.

Personally I like my Sony cos I leave it on auto (as I know nothing about photography) and just point and shoot. We got it cos it was good in low light settings. We also got a separate flash unit for it which improved quality considerably.