June 1, 200620 yr comment_103557 Is it just me, or is there a lot more marine tanks up for sale than usual? Seems to be a new one on the market every week. Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103564 yep seems like a lot of marine tanks for sale these days on trademe. i am hoping their just all up grading Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103583 You would have to have good patience when selling your tank!!! lot of simple questions. "Can I add a oscar to the tank?" Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103594 Have you also noticed that some have been relisted more than twice. I'm still a real newbie with marine set ups, but isn't it easier to sell everything seperate than in one lump package. Especially if it is a big setup and there are a lot of living creatures in your marine zoo. Just imagine the logistics with moving everything all at once The one thing that really scares me is if the new owner has never had a reef tank before and hasn't done any background checking on what is involved with maintaining and the cost involved. Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103598 good point there trinity i always like to run a new tank for a while before putting any live critters in. the down side for the seller is they always get left behind something that no one wants. Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103599 Yeh Mind you, you look at what stuff gets sold on trademe, ones man rubbish is another mans treasure :bounce: :bounce: Report
June 1, 200620 yr comment_103622 Any fish get left behind in my tank will be going to either jansens or hollywood to get sold at (full retail price) including the harlequin tuskfish.... Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103727 A marine tank is alot of work (300litres)... my next reef will be between 100-200 litres. Anemones only, and fully automated... Sometimes I get sick of all the work... Then someone visits and they are amazed and It fills me with pride and I continue on. Cheers Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103730 yes i feel the same at times. but when i see other peoples tanks and the fish me glad i got one Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103739 I hear all of you - it can be a bit of a hassle but it is worth it when someone comes in and is completely taken aback with it! Trinity you are so right - moving the whole thing at once is a major. I moved mine 3 times in 18 months - 1 move from Auckland to the Far North. First two were a smaller tank (150 litres) the last one was the tank I have now (360litres) Moved all the water too!! Took a day to shift all the house and a day to shift the tank. I plan on living in this house for a while (although I am thinking how I can modify the house to fit in a plant room - anyone want a couple of kids?) Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103746 Two females - 9yrs (yesterday) the other is 7. Younger one is very noisy though. Somehow I think mum might not approve if I traded the kids for fish stuff!!! :lol: :lol: Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103749 Hey Skippy, I've got 2 female ones as well, 9 and 7, and the younger ones noisey as well. And we arre thinking of moving up to Keri keri Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103750 Cool you'd luv it up here and it would be great to have another fisher up here. what are you running - fresh or salt? Keep in touch Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103752 going up tomorrow for a couple of days to get a feel of the place, schools, and business opportunities, look at a bit of real estate etc. Saltwater, sps reef. Will keep in touch as plans progrees. Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103754 Puttputt Have pm'ed you (I think). Never used the pm b4 so hopefully I did it right! Report
June 2, 200620 yr comment_103760 I have 2 x boys 3months and 2yrs. Tank can be a major pain... espically when going on holiday. I am the same at times I do just what is needed and then someone is coming around and bingo I jump to attension and clean the tank so it looks perfect. Ha wooo wow cool tank are the comments and it's all worth while. Setting up a BIG tank is lots fun but then more of the same BUT more glass too clean!! and the new tank look small like the 45inch TV Damm I love these fish Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.