jordanella floridae

2fishy

The last I saw were in Living Waters , Tauranga.

Hooking about $12 I think, but all females.

You mean $12 retail price?

And I thought females are hard to come by at present??

posted on Tue May 23, 2006 8:25 am "ive ordered 10 of them for Animal Antics. they will be $11.90 or $11.50. "

So wholesale is about 5 dollars??

For what size?

Thought you might like to read this little bit of info which I have found here:

"FLAGFISH

These are great little fish that look like a platy/cichlid cross (Biggest we've grown is 1.5 and up to 2"), we have them in the same pools of water with our Singapore Shrimp and SAE's, and they all get along fine. We have also had them with other Platys, Mollies, and South American Cichlids too. However, they seem to hate frilly, or long-tailed fish, we had some bettas in a pool for just one evening. and by morning a school of flag fish had eaten every one of them including most of their skeleton so this showed how aggressive they can be..."

Does animal antics have a website? I've contacted 2 of the most reputable fish shops here in chch (Redwood Aquatics and Organisms) and neither have any.

They both said they have had them in the past but don't have any currently! Anyone know somone else who might have some?

Hey JN.. A week later and all 4 are healthy and appear happy they were a lil timid for the first day or two as most fish are with a move but can be seen buzzing about the tank and have already figured out who I am it seems.

As to other inhabitants in the tank there are a few Molly Teenagers That I need to move once again, a pair of Fire and Ice Platties also need to be moved soon, some Ghost shrimp thinking these will stay, and Clouseau one of my L201's.

I also was given the pictured "tank" recently and am half think a killie grow out tank but am unsure yet..

HPIM0208.JPG

Oh the sizes of the "tank" are 36"X6"X6" weird sizes eh? And the glass plate sitting inside it at the moment can be used as a divider by the looks of the fit. My neighbour does Stained Glass and his Parents own a Glass Shop so getting a couple pieces of glass for a lid should be no issue.

That's an awesome tank! I wish someone would give me a tank like that!!! Although I haven't been able to convince my other half yet that I should have another (could be the large amount of algae in my current and only tank that makes him think I'm not ready yet :( !!)

Where you you even put a tank that long? Have you got a stand?

Glad to hear your fish are doing well. They look neat and I hope to find some myself soon!!

It would take a brave soul to perch a tank over computer equipment! It may not be leaking now but there's always a risk. (Not to mention spillage when cleaning etc?) Good luck if you do though :) Might be a good way to be forced to upgrade your computer equipment at some point! :wink:

controlroom2.jpg

The hutch in front of the window is where I was considering but I too am hesitant based on the pc's and water not being all that friendly with eachother.

I'll find a spot yet..

Just picked up new light yesterday for my 50G Bow Front jumped from 25w to 192w what a difference but that's another story.