One year on

Sharkey

Hi Guys

Just looking at some pics from last year and some more resent ones. Hope it gives the new guys some hope. I started out on a very tight budget.

April 2005

April15th008.jpg

April 2006

PIC01302.jpg

PIC01306.jpg

PS thanks to all the good guys in the hobby who have helped me out . I owe you !!!! Hope to pay you back in frags :wink:

:D Thanks Guys. But its like Wasp said when you look at it every day you dont see the changes . Got a shock when I looked back at the old photos ,Chimera Always looking to frag. But will give that one a little more time to grow but its doing well wont take to long. Heres some info on the tank. For you guys that are like me and like the details

Main Tank Width 31

hight 25

Depth 17

Gallons 57

Liters 216

Sump

Width 26

hight 25

Depth 17

Gallons 38

Liters 144

Total 360 Liters

95 Gallons

Lighting

BLV 250 W 10000k Light

Only NSW

5 inch DSB yes 5 inch ( Who says size dosnt matter?)

Skimmer

Red sea berlin protein skimmer

Modified but in March moved to the

Deltec camp

Dont have calk Reactor so I dose daily

Mg I use 0010 per day

Ca I use 005 per Day

Alk I use 05 Dkh aday or 0.17.5 Meq/Lper Day

So I use only seachem . But in the future would like to try Mr farleys mix of reef central

Alk Reef Builder 0.65 of a teaspoon a day

Ca Reefcomplete 1.75 Caps a Day

Mg 5tsp a day

Worked this of the seachem web site. And it works note the high useage of Mg. Strange but it works retest and every things spot on . But found the tsp are flat not heaped

Hi Guys

Good Question Wasp only two fish, clowns. And one large Starfish. Had a Mandarin but he got eaten by something starfish or the BTA ? I wont talk to much about the fish I have lost that could be depressing. But I will say I know about white spot, The need for a good overflow cover, The importance of a good lid and also the need to also cover the quarantine tank . Yes lots :cry: I want to give my fish the best environment I can so I believe I will get something small and only one more for my tank volume. I'm more of a coral nut than a fish nut so corals first. But I really want to try a new fish. A long nose hawk would be nice or something similar. :D