Which postal service to ship fish across NZ?

Tillie

Hey guys :)

Was recommended NZ couriers, but I rang them and they said they didn't deal with shipping fish? Are you meant to just be sneaky and send them? cdan any one please tell me who I could use to ship the fish ( relatively cost effective) Thankyou ! :)

haha, just posted a question myself. ive used fastway before and had no probs with them.

im using NZ couriers for this lot of shipping (im getting soem more discus). they charge 12 bucks per 5kg for same day shipping. i had to tell the lady i knew it was at my own risk before she agreed hehe. i wouldnt reccomend just being sneaky, they can throw the parcels around a bit :-? i did an overnight ship to wellington for 15 bucks with FW, i wrote "live fish handle with care!' on every part of the box i could hehe and they said that they would keep the box on the front seat. it also depends on where to, interisland can cost about 25 bucks or something like that :wink: theres a post in the FW section about shipping with good guides, with the weather cooling down if you can get heat packs that would help a bit but it probably isnt a must.

hope that helped :bounce:

with NZ couriers i found if u buy the prepaid tickets so the couriers comes and picks up the parcel at ur door then that's not a problem but if u go to the post office they will tell u that they don't deliver living animals or any parcel with water in it.

one of the best courier service I've found is Post Haste but u will need to open an account with them and its not worth the trouble if ur just sending couple of fish every now and then as its not cheap.

hope that helps

It varies greatly across the country as couriers are usually owner operated so X company in Blenheim may be good but the same X company in Wgtn may be terrible.

North Island Pet Courier Services will transport all sorts of animals. They advertised that here somewhere in the Commercial thread but I couldn't find it. They do special pet runs so the service is not available every day. You book ahead.

Fish are$10.00 per bag to fit inside 10lt bucket. No limit per bag. No extra for kms

Contact Karyn: [email protected]

PHONE: 078737061 answer phone if not home.

CELL 0273321991 texting is fine.

You can also ship them airport to airport with Air NZ. I think that's the quickest way if you don't mind dropping them off at the airport and the other person doesn't mind picking them up. Would only be a few hours that way. Bit more expensive that way, maybe.

• 6 years later...

I found Post Haste to be the best, they are cheap and can do things just as quick as the others. i have been using them for a year now and only had the odd one or two die, they are really good they ask if its tropical or not and they leave them in the reception until the very last minute so the fish stay warmer