Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Swelling zebra danios

Featured Replies

My 3 zeb danios are swollen. To the point their scales are starting to stick out. They also seem to have what looks like sores or abrasions on them.

They are still swimming around ok, and seem to be eating.

All other fish in the tank are ok. It's just the 3 zeb danios.

What could be causing this, and what do I do about it.

I was almost going to catch them and euthenise them. Thought I'd see what others have to say first.

Thanks in advance

Kookie

I've seen this before in a couple of Zebra Danio's I had, tried everything I could think of to cure it without success, I'd advise isolating the fish into their own tank. I didn't want to take the chance that it could spread to other fish and moved them into spare tank pretty sharpish when I first noticed this so have no idea if it could affect other fish.

I tried Melafix(bacterial), Furan 2(Fungal), Crushed Cat deworming tablets, kept water conditions as good as I could, none of it worked and the fish subsequently died.

  • Author

Thanks modern.

Unfortunately, I don't have a spare tank right now.

Me thinks I will just catch them and put them down.

Don't want to risk the other fish.

i think it might be dropsy also, dont know too much about it and cant remember if it causes sores or not? zebras can handle cold temps right? if so get them out of there into a bowl or whatever, but i wouldnt leave them in there just incase it does spread. good luck!!

  • Author

Thanks for the replies all. I have managed to catch one, and put it down.

The other knows what's up. disappears into the jungle.

The third is MIA.

Shifted it for you Kookie.

Alan 104

Thanks Alan :)

Hi Kookie,

I would have to agree with Sharn and Alan, :wink::wink:

Sounding pretty much like Dropsy to me, Best thing you can do for these Wee Fellas is to put them out of their misery. :(:(:(

Hope it all goes well, and you manage to cach the other 2 Zebs. :roll: :roll:

Lynda

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.