Zeovit dream tank of the quarter

wasp

At Zeovit.com they feature a tank each quarter. This one is worth a look so I've linked it.

One great thing, to me anyway, is it is only a 4 foot tank. The one I'm setting up now is 4 foot I've been worrying it is too small, but looking at this one it looks great & is really something to aspire to, so it's helped me be comfortable with setting up my own 4 footer.

It is also well equiped and run, anyway here it is http://www.zeovit.com/DTOTQ/Broli_Jacop ... index.html

mmm might be something to this zeovit? Im always amazed by the tanks and colours on the site. The use of bacteria in this way must be the next step?

PS Im in the planing stage for my next tank. Some very good ideas in this tank. Love the colours. :bounce: I see he has a lot of lighting including a red bulb. Guess it helps bring out the colour also. Top ten tank just goes to show what can be done. Amazing :o

Ps The low Alk was surprising

Yes I was interested in that also. Not only that, but he also uses kalkawasser, another thing not recommended with Zeovit.

I read his thread discussing his tank, and he was asked why he does not use zeovit bacteria, bear in mind English is not his first language, here is his reply-

Quote "I don't use it because I don't have it. :lol:

The tank is ok, and the Po4-No3 ara very low, so at the moment I don't need it..

When I started the zeo system I used it, then when they finish I've never buy more and I don't see differences in the coral..

Proabally my tank keep his equilibrium ( in vs out) and It oesn't need the bak..

In the future, if anythings change I'll buy (and try) it.."

Here's my new showtank.

Really pleased with progress so far!

The tank is nice and stable now so have recently started dosing a selection of heavy metals collected from natural streams in the waitaks,these seem to bring out the vibrant algae colours!

Used a set of rusty pliers to raise the live rock,this has enabled enough flow to sway the dead snail shells.

Maintenance is minimal as when the algae sheets are heavy enough they fall off the glass.

Yep,this reefkeeping's a doddle!!

11mvc709l6ym.jpg

18 fish in that 230litre tank..

That sounds like an extreme stocking level.

I have 8 in 300litres and think I am a bit gready.

It has caused nitrate problems for me in the pastI wonder if he gets any problems with his nitrates.