New Tank - The Beginnings

Tony.Bates

Thanks all - I've been in the workshop all day putting the outside shell on the cabinet - Rimu for the most part, and another timber for the centres of the doors, probably ash or another light wood to compliment the Rimu. No photos as yet as the whole stand is covered in clamps at the moment! Will hopefully have some more up on the weekend.

Very nice Tony and good step by step photography.

I've just been doing exactly the same thing myself although probably not to such a high standard, one thing is it's surprising how long it all takes!

Be interested to follow your progress.

• 3 weeks later...

couple of new photos - havent made much progress, been running around the country picking up new Rimu as I was getting a bit short in the workshop!

17.jpg

18.jpg

Final plan for the tank is in-train, just waiting on some final plumbing to arrive so I can check the bulkhead hole locations, and its ready for order!

A bit more on the return plumbing - initially I had planned to have the 4 pipes in a sealed off "chamber" so they would be dry, but futher thinking, I will ahve them going through the tank "wet" and will attach reef rack around them, and have live rock attached to it. Make a nice rock/coral column when its finished. (I hope!)