Cloudy glowlights

Fishkeepa

I just noticed that one of my three glowlights was very couldy (in colouraton) and breathing very fast. It was not particularily active and pec fins were moving fast and repetitive. Is this a disease? if so what should i treat it with?

Thanks for any help

I had a big female glowlight go white in colour, i guess you would call it cloudy, but I'm adament it was just old age, as she had always been a good breeder but she was big and old. Water conditions were good. Do you know how old yours was? Rapid breathing maybe flukes? How do the others look? Have you checked for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH?

had to carry out a water chnage. I think because when i brought my tank as a complete set up it already had too many fish so i might have to do changes more regularly.

However i have noticed after change the other glowlights are breathing slightly fast. It may have been gill flukes as i was reading up on it and it said fast breathing and hieghtened colour.

Any more opinions? If it gets worse should i treat as flukes?

Thank you everybody

i would try and make sure your 99% sure its gill flukes, normally they will hold one shut, not move it the same (look from above to see if one opens wider etc) or rapidly pump one gills, they can also flash themselves on decor etc. the formalin from the LFS is apparently poop as i suspected gill flukes on my rams, got the 5% stuff and it didnt make a noticable difference, apparently you need the 37% stuff but do that in a hospital tank as the formalin nails your filters/bacteria. keep and eye on them and do some searching on the net. hope that helped and good luck :wink: