WOO HOO I have peppered cory eggs

PENEJANE

I am unsure as to what I am supposed to do with these but for now I am leaving them in the tank. They are on all 4 sides of the tank and on some plants. My corys are in a tank on their own (minus one young guppy that hid well when I was emptying out) and the temp is at 22*C. I didnt' think that they were going to do their thing but when I went to check on my betta fry (which are doing well) I checked the cory tank which is right next to it and woo hoo! Eggs!

I want to know how long does it take for these to hatch? I have been keeping a close eye on them and so far none seem to be getting eaten. I am keeping an eye on their food and giving them more when it runs out hoping that will stop them from eating the eggs.

Cheers

:bounce:

Just leave them alone and see what happens. never had cory eggs myself so can't tell you hatching times but my book says "The spawning period often lasts several weeks with the female depositing as many as 50 eggs a day. Incubation period 4 days."

Wicked PJ did the plants help? Did you do anything special like a water change with rain water to get them breeding? Or did they do it all on their own? Are they in a barebotttom 2 foot? Reason I ask is I'm trying to get some going at the moment, once they did lay but I only ever saw a few egg shells, the parents or other cories ate the eggs (tis a cory only tank).

ok luke heres what I done. I had a 22ltr tank which had a half doz female guppies with one snakeskin and one albino. After many months of getting DAMN NOTHING!! I decided I would put all my guppies in one tank and use that tank for the corys.

I removed everything apart from filter,heater and gravel. Gave the gravel a real good vac (water was black in the bucket :oops: ) Added a rock or two, the drift wood and put the plants back. I have the temp sitting at 22*C. They were origionaly in the 2ft tank with the bettas sitting at 27*C but moved them to this cooler tank. I didn't add any rain water. Just water from the tap in the bathroom and some plant grow stuff and thats it. This was done on Sunday afternoon and found eggs yesterday. So it can't be that bad :D

One thing that has me worried is the 50+ eggs over a 2 week period!! :hail: help me! lol

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...