New tank..... will be updates as things go along.

Duke

KP.. It is one off the first PLC's on the market. Output is 24VDC so I had to buy relys for all the outputs. They cost $300 and I had to program the screen. You can get a Allen Bradley unit with 240VAC output which you use your computer to program for $250. No relays etc. Just program, plug in and bingo running.

PM me if you want to discuss it. Also welcome to come for a look. I did not know how to program it and just read the book. Wife was shoocked!! :lol:

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good love the ideas in the sump

You can get a Allen Bradley unit with 240VAC output which you use your computer to program for $250. No relays etc. Just program, plug in and bingo running.

Were can we read more a web page etc? Are the super squirts expensive?

looking great! i see the (other) advantage of having the rev's mounted right at the rear is that as they turn, at least one of the outlets will blow water down the back of the tank, pushing any crud to the front. not sure on how you're doing your aquascaping but id recommend you leave about a 1" gap all the way along the back to allow the rev's to push water behind the rockwork. more pics!!!

Very good, they are 180deg rev's so they don't blow water to the rear of the tank. I also think my L7 is under powered.

Two of the revs work as once and there is not a lot of flow through them.

Tank still cloudy, did not wash the sand very well and are paying the price. Two days now and it has cleared a little only.

Will need to spend some time with a gravel cleaner once it's settled more,

then I'll add some more pictures.

Well its finished but the hard work starts now!!

Everything is rough.... because you don't know it will work. The cost so far for re-plumping alone is $$$$ Dam!

So here it is after filling with salt, emptying and fill it again$$. Plus $$$$ hidden from the wife. Always wash sand!

Kevin and Chris visited today and gave advice.... 3hrs after they left tank finished. very wise heads!!!!!!!I I wish they had visited before I started. . So I stuck with the design from my head. Not that this what have, true. Dam rock never stays where it is put!

Left my fire shrimp on the driveway for 5Min but he is fine swimming around now. Did not realise he was there as I was breaking up live rock for the sump.

IMG_6288Small.jpg

IMG_6303Small.jpg

IMG_6295Small.jpg

IMG_6297Small.jpg

IMG_6301Small.jpg

Now the hard work start making it tidy, After the time it has taken I had had enough on Friday!!'>

Now the hard work start making it tidy, After the time it has taken I had had enough on Friday!!

fantastic aquascaping, love it! really like the background colour you've used too, almost half blue, half black? what colour is it (or is it dark because its still a little murky?) as soon as the coloralline and corals start to encrust the rocks it'll look sharp, great work! pity the sand wont stay that white :wink:

How'd you go from an empty tank to supporting corals in 8 days? I'm surprised it took such a short time to "re-cycle" even if you had it all ready in another tank??

because all you really do is increase the water volume! as live rock and other stuff gets transfered as well. otherwise it would be deadly doing a large water change woudn't it. :wink:

Chimera the paint colour is Navy and it is quite dark but still blue, sprayed on.

The OM Rev's are great, they give great random flow through the tank, I am not running as much flow through these as I wanted.

Sharkey the trigger is good, I got him when he was quite small and he has never bothered any of my shrimps.

The heaters are to be relocated to the sump.

Over flows are noisy but I like them. I am looking at few options to reduce the noise.

Looking much clearer today.

IMG_6306Small.jpg

IMG_6305Small.jpg

IMG_6312Small.jpg