hi to all wainuiomarshians

FranAndMark

hi all,

its amazing that so many people live here in wainui. do you guys have a small wainui fish club going? maybe we should all get together once a month and do tank crawls etc around each others houses.

anyway since we are new to this site we'd thought we would tell you all a bit about ourselves.

i'm 26 and my husband mark is 27.We have a 3 yr old named alex and currently have another baby on the way due on may 23rd.(not long to go!)

i work as a part time checkout operator at the warehouse, wainui as well as being a full time mum and professional artist. i specialize in pet portraits, chickens and landscapes. mark is a senior policy analyst at housing new zealand.we've been living here in wainui for 2 years.

i've been keeping and breeding tropical fish off and on since i was 13, whereas mark is just coming down with 'fish fever' now. i was secretary and breeding co ordinator with the wanganui aquarium society for a couple of years, back when i was a teenager. we currently have no fish but are soon going to set up a four foot tank with either discus or a community tank with angels etc. we are still deciding.

are discus much more difficult to maintain eg with water changes etc than other fish?

great to hear from you all.

fran

I have already welcomed you in your other thread and I'm not from Wainuiomata :oops: but just wanted to comment that my daughter was born on May 23. But then what's the chance of your baby being actually born on its due date!

I would love to see some of your art if you can work out how to post photos!

MCT

Hi and welcome Fran. The Wainuis usually belong to the Kapi-Mana Aquarium Club (and I think some also belong to the Wgnt Aquarium & Watergarden Soc) but there is enough of them to split into their own group now I reckon! :wink:

Hi Fran and welcome , I'm in Wainui too and your very welcome to come around and look at my tanks or any help i can give with deciding what you want to do , i know very little about Discus but have a lot of community fish and tanks, drop me a PM if you wish to come around I'm off work at the momment with a bad neck so home all this week anyway :)

Paul

it appears that the secret is getting out about the great wainui water hence all the fishy people moving here.

and we in wainui are too busy breeding looking after our fish to set up our own club so we all journey out of our cosy little valley to Tawa each month for our meetings.

please feel free to join us at the next meeting..

Day: Last Wednesday of every month. (next one 29 March)

Time: 7:45 pm meet with meeting starting at 8:00pm

Doris Mills Lounge,

Linden Community Centre,

Linden Avenue,

Linden,

Tawa.