via aqua stainless heaters,

jinx

I have used a lot of the Via Aqua Glass Heaters and have only had to send a couple back to the supplier. As they are a new product, I can't say how long they will last. We have been operating them for around 8-9 months with no problems. I would have thought they weren't that expensive (around $70) for the stainless variety.

I have been talking to the suppliers about these heaters as they have donated 2 of them to raffle at conference. She said they are a new product and one of the first batches was faulty and was recalled but they have had no trouble with them since.

that I use in a tank with "heater movers" It works a treat and is wedged between rocks rather than on the glass. Only thing is that they are not the best for small tanks because of the separate thermostat. I do like being able to see whether it is on or not by the panel on the wall though.

I brought two s/s heaters from kritter kingdom and one from animates here in chch.the first heater broke down after 3 mounths and cooked one lot of discus i had,back to critter kingdom stanmore rd.the young man that runs the shop replaced straight away and of home i went.the second ss heater from animates then decided not to go,back to ainmates and an imeadate replacement.both of these heaters broke down and killed more of my discus babies.this time i went back to aanimates and brought to jager heaters to re place one ss.the other went back to stanmore rd,this time i meet up with the owners son who flattly refused to do any thing about a replacement.after much arument he said he would send it up to the importer and see if he could get someting done .this took 9 weeks and a lot of threats to the son and then the mother before i got a replacment.but that was not the end of it .the second replacment ss heater from stanmore rd died killing more discus,back to the shop,this time the son had a lot of heaters in and know the the batch was fualty.my heater was replaced in three days.but wait theres more.another ss heater from stanmore rd died doing no harm this time,back to stanmore rd,tim the young man in charge got me another with no hesitation.

so now i have a 300w and a150 won my lrage show tank,these are working fine and keep a very constant temp.my blow out tank has 333w that is also humming along nicely.

it has cost me a wild discus that cost $175 and nine meduiem size disccus that i could have sold for say $450.I did ask about some compensatrion but under nz consumer law all they have to do is replace the heater.however the importer was awere of the prolems and told no one and when the word did get out the shops did not take them of the shelves.

am i pissed of YES I AM

I brought one of the Stainless steel models with the exteranl therm control. Broke and leaked after 3 weeks.

Returned it, no problem. Was told that it was a common problem and there was a new batch (with yellow stickers on them). Got it home and noticed there is now a sticker on the box saying 'don't use in saltwater'.

Still sitting in the box, whish I brought another visitherm.

Note the stainless steel ones at the Hutt Pet Centre are only $52.00 with discount for the 300 watt model.

Pies