New Tank project

kevan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have instaled lights back over tank two 150 w halides , have got new sump 1m x .6 w x .45 h .Painted back of tank (well got 8 year old daughter to do this) black . But just a question to those with remote sumps were do you control the return pump from , tank or sump or both.I 've always had sump under tank so if any overflow problems everything is there but if the pump is under house I'm either going to wire pump to garage or thru floor to tank.

But just a question to those with remote sumps were do you control the return pump from , tank or sump or both

both. got power switch on wall in sump room, but this is also controlled by a switch next to the display tank upstairs (incase of emergencies, break glass :D )

I will not be using UPS just into a power point in garage . I have been doing some plumbing for tank today and did test with pump all seems okay I am pumping 2250 liters an hour back to tank which is turning over tank 3.5 times per hour .tank size 643 l and sump 162 l.

Changed Pump to a Laguna 7 and put it next to sump , changed piping back to tank to presure piping and I'm getting 3600 L an hour .

Increased duroso stand pipe to 40 ml and this has made big difference in controling water highs by size on hole at top of duroso.

Tank is full of water and I will be swapping over rock fish and corals soon.

Laguna 7

Yeah they're crazy, when I got mine we chucked it in a bucket, plugged it in and an initial blob of water shot waaaay into the air.

I also gave it a jam on my weipro :lol: , although the piping diameter was too restrictive - it still looked psycho.

Haha my 280L tank's gonna need its seatbelt. :lol:

one (the return) is on its rubber feet, the other is on its side driving the skimmer. The tank they are sitting in is sitting on top of a hollow cavity as well to make things worse. Don't get me wrong I'm totally happy with them and at fantastic price for the water they pump let alone how well built they are. I paid more for the resin king 4 I have driving the skimmer in my old tank, it uses almost as much power pumps half as much water and generally crap.

• 2 weeks later...

DSCF4924.jpg

Moved everything over today to new tank .Bubble coral may not servive has been looking a bit ragged in holding tank lost a sps due to galaxia did'nt spot the long tenticals in time but managed to save a couple of cutings off the end .