YAY!! Angel Babies 12 days old today!!

lmk

Yay!! My Angel babies are 12 days old today :D Finally got past the 10 day mark. Only have around 30-40 left but I guess there will be naturally some loses along the way, survival of the fittest and all!! Brine shrimp have been a HUGE success along with smaller meals of the micro worms which I am now rinsing first to ensure no media goes into the tank. Also removed Mum and Dad when babies had just started free swimming, as I have a feeling that maybe when the babies started getting sick they just decided to up and eat them all :-? Who knows what goes through these fishes minds !! Though it's fun to imagine sometimes :wink: Anyway fingers crossed I'm through the worst part now and I will have some gorgeous Angels at the end of it. Will try to post a pic of my babes + M and D before they were removed. Oh I would LOVE to know how lynda's Angels are going. Plese let me know. Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Congrats Lisa Well Done :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My Angels bubba's are doing fine, started off with probably a couple of hundred, down now to about 20-30 left. but apparently losses are normal, I too am feeding Microworms and BBS which the bubba's just love. I have spent a few days in hospital, had to go for an OP, so I did expect some losses while not able too be here to care for them properly.

The Mum and Dad of the first lot of bubba's have spawned again, and they are free swimming as of today, they M&D and Bubba's are in my 4ft Comm Tank, so thinking maybe I should move second lot of bubba's in with the first lot of bubba's, not sure if this is a good idea or not, but I do know the bubba's wont have any chance of survival if I leave them where they are, M&D are frantically collecting up their babies as they swim around, and placing them back where they think they need too be. They are being wonderful parents again as they were with their first spawn.

I have posted some pics if you would like to have a look Lisa, you may have to go back a few posts tho.

Exciting stuff a? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lynda

Good to hear your babes are well Lynda :D I have no idea when they start to get the typical Angel shape but they are VERY cute now especially when feeding and looking through the glass with their BIG eyes. My 11 year old computer wizz is helping me with posting pics. Will try again.fishfnzas2gz.jpg

hi guys

I have some eggs on one of my filter tubes, which I just discovered yesterday and think it might be my angels spawning as they are kind of guarding it, but not eating them.

The eggs are reddish at the moment, but I did notice this morning some were going whitish (don't know if that means they are dead or not).

Do they sound like Angelfish spawn? Do you have to feed them special food when they hatch out? I notice you guys talked about brine shrimp and microworms, do you buy microworms frozen from LFS? How long does it take to go from egg stage to hatching stage?

Sorry lots of questions, I am really excited about it, not sure what I am going to do with them all at this stage, but there is some room for a couple in my tank.

Hmmm, reddish eggs, not sure if they are Angel Eggs, mine have always been sort of clear, any eggs that are white mean the they are infertile, just keep an eye on these as they sometimes turn fungussed, mum and dad will usually take care of them, by removing them but see how they go, the eggs will hatch in about 3 days this means that they are then at the wriggler stage, at about 5 days they will become free swimming, this is when they are swimming around the tank own their own. If they are in a Comm tank it is best to remove them as they will not survive if left in the Comm Tank.

Whiteworms and BBS are what you feed fry on for a wee while untill they are big enough to start eating flake food, Whiteworms are cultured and BBS are from Brine Shrimp Eggs that you hatch by adding to water and waiting round 24-36 hrs for them to hatch, these are then fed to your fry.

Good Luck with your spawn.

Keep us posted

Lynda

thanks for the info Lyndyloo.

I will check on them when I get home. I have a small breeding tank that I might be able to put them in, but it is really small, not completely sure I want too many to survive anyway as then i will have to do something with them, but that's a bit down the track yet.

I will keep you posted, might even be able to send through some pics now that we have joined the 21st century and got a digital camera.

well I went home to check on my fish eggs and they were all gone, every single one! :o so still not completely sure it was my angels, but they were still hanging around the area.

It was almost like I had imagined it, except I have photographic evidence.

Oh well, I will wait and see if it happens again sometime.

Hi Ya!! Sorry to hear about your eggs :( Sounds like it was the Angels though with them hanging around like that. Possibly the parents themselves ate them as they seem to get very touchy about their eggs when other fish are around. My pair ate the first 3-4 lots of eggs they laid!! When other fish came near, I did a water change and 1 pair in particular HATE having the lights turned off, they eat the eggs straight away!! I'd say within the next few weeks your fish will lay some more eggs. Better luck for next time :) Oh! I see my photo has disappeared, will have to get my son back onto that!!