T.A.P.S

minchton

To All Concerned

Me Roy Jessett is NO LONGERa member of the executive of the Taranaki Aquarium & Pond society Inc.

All further correspondence should be sent to the Secretary Mrs V. Smith 20 Karaka Street Inglewood or in the case of Club Bulletins to Miss C Mercer 24 Mahoe Street Inglewood.

A number of our members are getting very frustrated with the lack of information being received from Federation or other clubs through the use of wrong addresses. If this continues in my personal opinion it is a waste of time being a member of the federation and I will be recommending to the executive that we consider withdrawing as a member club of Federation.

M.A.Minchington

Vice President

And please don't withdraw from the Federation, it would be a real shame! The FNZAS executive committee are having a meeting this weekend, so hopefully we will be able to get things back on track again :) Please bear with us.

Jane

How is the FNZAS to know if you do not tell them? Rather than complain, why don't you send a letter to the FNZAS secretary with your updated address. Then all records can be set straight and everyone will be happy.

Its a lot easier to complain than be proactive.

Apart from the fact that FNZAS cannot even manage to get a year book out, or maybe we shouldn't go down that road, are club magazines so uninteresting that people cannot even read the front cover, or a seperate notification placed in their magazine with updated information that we have to physically now specially write to every person in the hope of getting to the right one.

Our complaint is not just with the Federation but with every other club that considers the information of sufficient importance to send out but not important enough to send to the correct address. Some of the addresses that are being used are years old and have been changed in various year books and other mediums.

Surely trying to get something corrected is proactive not destructive.

The yearbook is well under way. Please keep in mind that the people who are doing the jobs required to make a yearbook are new to the job this year. While we may not have done the best job this time round, we've learned what is required so it won't happen again while we're there.

My original statement still stands however. If you are receiving mail to the wrong address, it is your clubs responsibility to fix it. All you have to do is send the address information to the club secretary in question. If you don't know who they are then phone someone in the club. Alternatively, ask me. I have the full FNZAS membership list with all addresses, phone numbers and exec positions. Try finding out who to talk to. All it takes is a little bit of effort.

When I made up the list of FNZAS members for the yearbook I made nearly 100 phone calls to verify the information for all clubs was correct. All you have to do is make 2-3 followed up with 1 letter sent out to all the clubs, not really a big task at all. This little bit of work seems to be too much for some.

The FNZAS is there to help with this exact problem. Please use us in situations like this. We can help.

I hope my last 2 posts haven't seemed too negative, but I'm getting a bit tired of all the complainers who expect everything to miraculously happen on its own. We all put in a lot of voluntary work and it seems to be unappreciated. We are happy to help, but can't do it all. You must help a little too. We have just had a committee meeting in Turangi this weekend. You may not realise it, but some of our members spent over 8 hours travelling and spent the night at their expense. Luckily I was the closest with only a 3 1/2 hour round trip. This travel time alone represents more time than most people spend on their club in a year.

Please keep the efforts of others in mind when you wish to complain about matter and rubbish them without a moments thought. Without these people doing the fine job they do there would be no FNZAS.

There are many advantages to having a FNZAS and it would be a shame to have the peace shattered by the few who have a small self inflicted grievance.

Finally, trying to get something done is proactive and good on you.

However, please think about the way you do it. The way this was presented was with a pretty negative complaint. Sending a letter to the FNZAS and all club secretaries would have been the best course of action. If there was no change after a few weeks then there is course for complaint...

Please don't bottle problems you have up and suddenly burst with negativity. Let it out in a nice controlled manner with objectivity so the problem can be resolved quickly. Also if there is a personal problem, try to put it aside to keep a clearer mind so the actual problem can be focused on.

Some of these comments are not refering to Mitches post, but are general comments and are no way meant for Mitch. What I have written above is purely for future grievances.

Warren

I whole heartedly agree with your comments.

The point of this posting was to try and get something moving in the right direction.

As a Club we have notified all Clubs ( at the address listed for them) of our correct details but as you can see by my posting nothing changes.

As a member of a federated Club and having met most of the Federation committee I am fully aware of the distances required to hold a meeting and we DO appreciate the time and effort put in by these people.

All I can say is thank you for the interest taken and hope both our postings will get things moving correctly.

As you said at the end of your posting this is in no way directed at any particular person or Club but is just a general shakeup.

Good one Cees,

Can we add a FNZAS page listing all the current Exec positions for FNZAS + all affiliated clubs Exec positions as well?

I can add it tonight if so.

Hopefully once set up incorrect information can be updated immediately by those who identify it. If they email me with the correct details I can update the page and the FNZAS records all at once.

HI Warren,

You have now access to a few more pages.

If you have any problems (items not showing, actions denied) email me a.s.a.p. There are about 100+ switches I can turn on/off. I sometimes forget 1 or 2.

Anyway, the Officers page is a bit tricky with address records, inserted records etc. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Don't worry about breaking it. All actions are logged and I have access to an undo list a mile long.

Cees

The complain about addresses no yearbook forthcoming etc really gets up my nose.

As someone who is secretary of a different type of club, it was foisted on me to do the newsletter. Everyone wants it no one wants to contribute, they moan when it is late, they moan about the format and the content, they moan when there are no local reports, they even moan about the address labels. Yet when it comes down to it I get no phone calls email or handwritten notes in the post with a contribution. I have to write the whole damn thing myself. This year is the last year I will do it (Secretary and Editor), I refuse do do it in the future unless there is a major change in attitude.

Sorry if it sounded like I was 'moaning' about the year book delays. I am on the committee and understand that the delay is not due to any one person. I promise I wasn't moaning, just pointing out that correspondence is more difficult without updated information! :-?