Can you see my light?

Rory

Well my tank is currently in transit (moving to welly soon) and i haven't yet bought a propper light. I'm currently builting a Kauri cabinet to hold it, inc lid. (bottom half is in photo) :lol:

tank2.jpg

I'll post updates when i get the lid and cabinet finished, some plants in there, and a propper light.

:lol: :lol: :bounce: :lol: :lol:

I can't see the light. I think I have been blinded! :lol: 8)

Isn't it horrable! it doesn't have a reflector over it so the lounge is coloured SNOW WHITE at night-time untill it turns off at 10.

Anywise man would say, "just turn it off earlier" but then i couldn't watch my fish swim around at night! (fingers crossed that someone gets me a light for xmas :lol: )

Try getting a piece of plastic spouting, cut to the required length,

and two holes where necessary,

and hey presto, you have no more room glare.

I have just finished doing that to six of my tank lights.

For added reflection I painted the inside with Chrome finish paint.

Works a treat.

Alan 104

• 2 weeks later...
Haha the contents of this thread have made google come up with Marijuana Surveys. Nauhty google :bounce:

That would have been because of the keyword, "Hydroponics"

I bought a big roll of mylar film from a hydroponics place. Cost me like $40 but will last...Oh....20 years? Works fine for fish tanks instead of hydroponics.

That should be enough for heaps of hydroponics, err I mean fish tanks not hydroponics. I don't have any use for a hydroponics setup...

(Hydroponics hydroponics)

Now let's see what happens with the google results. :lol:

I too have sat a short fluoro economy bulb on the glass lid and covered it with a length of plastic guttering lined with aluminium foil. Works well and looks good.

Lurk around a building site and chat up one of the builders. They are bound to have some offcuts for free :wink: