My dear little Blue Rams

Cath

Hi there,

I've just bought a pair of Blue rams and added them to the tank. Anything I read and the guys at the shop said that they tended to be shy. Well, these two certainly are not shy. They are out a about zooming around the tank, enjoying the plants and caves and they just look very happy indeed.

ONe thing I noticed though and wondered if anyone can shed light on this. They seem to intensify their colour on and off - are THEY doing this or is it a trick of the light. One moment they'll be reasonably pale and the next as bright blue/purple as you can get. I noticed their colour intensified all over once I got them into the tank - they were quite pale in the shop. Is this a breeding thing? They really are fascinating little fish.

Cheers and thanks

Some fish can change their colour to match their surroundings. I think most fish if not all of them go pale when they are stressed or unhappy with their environment. That is why fish in pet shops often look drab and pale.

Could also be that they are just having a bad day too i spose. Make sure your tank parameters are close to what they require and that there is nothing in there that would pick on them and im sure they'll be fine.

Hope this helped a little.

PR

My fish, clown loaches in particular go almost colourless at feeding time, then resume normal colour a few moments later. This has been happening for over three years so they must be Okay!. I think in my case its something to do with aggression

Or they show off their colours to compete for attention... of the opposite sex.

In Mystics case the blue rams are just showing her that they can change the colours of their Tattoos at anytime they like :lol: :bounce: :bounce: