You could have knocked me down with a feather!!!!!!!!!!!!

debs01

OK seriously just out the blue a couple of hours ago, my hubby who has never shown an interest before (by the way) turned around and said to me,........"why dont we take the guts out that that old tv that we never got around to throwing out and turn it into a tropical fishtank??""

OMG

So surprised!!!!!

So before he losses interest and changes his mind What would we need to do? IS it a good place to keep them?? I sized out the tank we would need to put into it........(70lX35dX45h) so where would be the best one to get custom made??

Its the really old style of tv with a great big box around it and the place for a huge speaker on the bottom, we would need to turn this into a very strong re-inforced shelf.

Also have never kept anything more challanging than Goldies before so what would be the right kind of fish to get started????

Need as much advice as you all feel like giving

Heh, I suppose you could try and drill a hole in the CRT somewhere to release the vacuum...Err...Fill the vacuum and then carefully cut off the front glass. But then I think the phosphors are coated directly to the glass and you'd have to remove them. What you COULD do though is lay a piece of acrylic on the CRT and blast it with the heat gun until it's nice and soft then using a towel or something smooth it down so it's molded to the CRT.

ok, unfortunately the glass was broken when the insides were removed, :( So using the old tube is not an option.

I will post a pic of the tv when I take one, am quite keen on the acrylic because I loved the idea of the tube rounding out to imitate the old tv.

Will be using it for tropicals so need ideas what will go well with each other and things I can get easily due to the fact I live VERY rurally.

It going to be approx 105litres so how many can I have, also want to use an UGF should I use a conventional internal one as well??

Deb asked:

Omg the pic fits, does it automatically resize of something

Yes... It does resize Deb... "Eventually".. but during that time it not only slows the system down for dial up users, but makes all following text unreadable without scrolling sideways... unless they wait for the pic to fully load.

Cees has made several posts regarding keeping pics to a reasonable size (600x480)..

Would be good to resize it if you could :)

Bill.

I've got dialup and I gave up trying to look at the pictures. I've investigated and if you download Picture Resizer from Microsoft Power Tools, the small size is exactly what is needed for here. It keeps a copy of the larger size so you don't lose the quality picture.

Once its installed all you have to do is right click on a photo and select Resize Picture from the menu.

Cheers

Jude