Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What kind pleco, please do you know?

Featured Replies

These are the only plecos I can get...looked on internet...can't find them so far...any ideas???? ANYBODY????? PLEASE!

Pleco.jpg

2plecos.jpg

ummm ... looks like " Hypostimus Varimacolosus" or "Cochliodon Hondae" ... hard to tell as they look like baby sized... hope this helps 8)

From what I can see it translates as

"Net for pecher the fishes of the"

As the 'e' has a ^ above it, the translation doesn't quite come out with the word "pecher"

But "poisson" is

FISH

Not DEATH is around the corner

Alan 104

It's also a type of statisitical distribution. 8)

Anyways great fish caper hope they enjoy there new habitat. I always think baby plecos are so cute, not too sure once they're 60cm tho :lol:

  • Author

Thanks all :bow::bow::bow:

I really wanted to get ottos but was unable to...I know the plecos will outgrow my tank...but hopefully by that time I will be able to do something about it!

There was green algae on the back of my tank...but the little darlings got it :P:P

Oh...I never paid attention to the writing on the bag...but I think what you can see is French.

  • 5 months later...
  • Author

Okay...this is Chong now...now that he is bigger any clearer as to what kind of pleco he/she is?

Sometimes sections of his body look lighter:

Chong1.jpg

sometimes they don't :-?

DSC01260.jpg

  • Author

Thanks CatBrat :bow::bow:

I've started by doing a process of elimation...the "no, he's definetely not one of those"!

Hey Caper :)

After checking my Loricariidae book/shopping list, Chong does look an awful lot like a Hypostomus Punctatus. If he is, this is what you have to look forward to...

DSC00403.jpg

And for an extreme close up of the Monster of the Deep...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/ ... yson01.jpg

He's 45cm (including tail) and counting :)

[We attempted to resize the image to something more reasonable, but photobucket wasn't playing nice. So I'll just leave the link in there instead :)]

Very sorry about the oversized pic :oops: :oops: I'm not the most technical person (and the prize for 'Understatement of the Year' goes to...). I'm ashamed to admit I'm going to have to call on help before I can change it :oops: :lol: .

Hi

I have 5 in stock from 13th..One is as Spotted and 4 others are spotted and bloched pattern..150mm and in 6 weeks have had no growth,understand to 200mm but real slow..

They just call them Spotted overseas..There are hundreds in family but few photos even on fish base or planet cat fish..id will always be a huge problem..Worse when new Maf list are out..There should be hundreds of names as put forward by us..

Mine are on Pricelist now available now from [email protected]

List notice under commercial as well..Please do not post for list

Cheers Phill Collis :P

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.