Crackers upgrade.

cracker

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

few questions.

Not to sure if the plumbing you have is a good idea, if it gets a bend and blocks you will have a major problem, Pressure pipe is the best.

Do you have one overflow pipe or two, ?? Will one handle the flow?

What metal halide is it,?? Looks like phillips flood lights. They are supa heavy.

Are you going to put the TV under the tank?? If so not really ideal as the condensation etc can’t be good for it, I hope the TV does not blow, could be fried fish for breakfast :D

Your water level looks like it is going to be very high once you put the overflow comb in, not much of a safety margin.

You could solve the problem by not having a overflow comb and put a pipe on the outlet with small holes with a endcap so fish dont go up it.

Just my thoughts, could be wrong

Not to sure if the plumbing you have is a good idea, if it gets a bend and blocks you will have a major problem, Pressure pipe is the best.

totally agree. if you stick with clear piping, just make sure that its in a very low light level otherwise you'll get algae growth in the pipe causing reduced flow over the years.

Your water level looks like it is going to be very high once you put the overflow comb in, not much of a safety margin

also agree. my water level sits about 3/4" above the overflow! thats with a return doing 4,000lph. if i remember correctly yours is ALOT more!

I used blue flexipipe no light can get in and it works really well it is very strong.

I had big problems with my overflow to high because I have massive flow had to cut the combs down. Only had a couple of fish go over twice before they learnt.

I don't think it's that big of a deal if they're clear and need cleaned. They're in the overflow, so it's not like he can't simply turn off the return pump, wait for things to settle, drain the water out of the hoses, pull them off and give them a clean. Easy!:) So, they'll work just fine, just be a little higher maintenance.

Cracker has other problems to worry about than working on his tank,

He has lost part of his roof and lost power for 24 hours. A tornado past through about an hour ago.

No casualties.. Picks to come when power is back.

Is the tank ok? :o

(Someone had to say it :lol: )