Hole in the head

HandS

I have a blue ram with hole in the head, how do i treat this, i have melafix, fluke tabs, tonic salt. Is there any thing i need to buy tomorow. He is half of a good breeding pair so i want to do my best to save him :cry:

Any advise asap would be welcomed

Thanks in advance

Helen and Shane

If you have a friendly GP or chemist you may also be able to get some from them. Metronidazole also comes under the names (in human meds) Flagyl, Trichozole and Rozex (though this last is a cream, not a med). Metronidazole is not subsidised, Flagyl is partially subsidised and Trichozole is fully subsidised so obtaining a bit of human stuff may be cheaper than getting it from a vet - assuming you can get some of course. I'm sorry but I do not know what dose you use either.

We tryed the vets for Metronidazole, but they wouldent sell it to us unless they "seen" the fish with a $45 consalt fee :x , are there any products avalible from the LFS that i should be asking for. Is this Metronidazole harmful to other fish ie Scaleless, catfish???

Thanks

Helen and Shane

Hmmm we need the same stuff to treat bloat, there is a seachem and aquatronics drug that contains it for fish but dont know if its avaliable in nz.... best bet would be to ring tropical blues or goldfish bowl tomorrow to see if theres any chemicals containing it, please let us know if you have any success.

unless they "seen" the fish with a $45 consalt fee

:evil: Is right! It is just so easy to take a fish to the vets :evil:

I wish I could help but I don't about this disease except from what I've seen here.

Flagyl...that sounds, or should I say "reads" like one of the meds my son takes. Too bad we live so far apart...if I it is and I could I'd get it for you :(