Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

fineally bought an eheim fish feeder from????

Featured Replies

wales, cant understand why it cost me $60 less than quoted at a shop here in ch ch. took 9 days to get here for the grand total of $102.35. and that included $26 postage, can certainly recomend john baker at aquatics online.

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi dennis

You are right, all is not gold that glitters. A cheap/cheaper item could turn out to be very costly. Whatever you buy, naturally it depends on the price too, you always should ask "can I get spares?". Some watches. Seiko, Citizen etc, have a worldwide guarantee. A 5 cent washer, could cost you many dollars on phonecalls, postage etc. I wanted to buy something in the states, the woman was honest and said, if something goes wrong, very unlikely though, you have to spend a lot on postage to get it sent back to us. And the postage back to you. And a lot of time wasted too. If I buy a $20 airpump or something like that, I wouldn't care. But if you spend a little fortune, that's a different matter. The money you saved in the first place is probably doubled or tripled when a repair is forthcoming........

John

As an aquarium rental business, we have tried out the Eheim (break down alot), Hydor (often faulty and go through alot of batteries) and Nutramatic feeders. Without hesitation I ccan strongly reccomend the Nutramatic. The batteries last a long time (still haven't had to replace in 18months) and have not received any faulty ones or had to have repaired. The nutamatic brand has now put out a cheaper model which feeds every 12 hours and I would estimate that the cost in the shops would be around $35-$40. We have tested these models and they appear to be fine.

That's a helpful answer Jo. You would have a good idea of what's what being in the aquarium rental business. Very helpful reply.

When I first started (seriously) keeping fish I giggled at the idea of an 'automatic' fish feeder but after spending an hour (after working 9 hours already) feeding the fish I could just about be forced to go get 20!!! :lol: Mind you dont think anyone has invented an automatic brine shrimp machine that will, start the hatching process, watch it for three days, unplug it and suck out only the shrimp then walk around feed all the babies!! If they have please let me know where I can get one. My hubby quit!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldnt intentionally feed fish to fish! I am a mother and therefore have this large maternal instinct (damm it all) It kicks in right at the time I am about to drop unwanted fry into the tank with my larger fish. They then go back into the tank and I watch them grow up. Patting myself on the back for having such wonderful tanks of babies and no homes for them!!! So I kick them out on the street instead (not literally). :lol: :lol:

Hi Everybody!....

Cat re:automatic (in tank) brine shrimp hatcher

I have seen one!!! It hangs in the tank and the BBS swim out into the main tank when they have hatched, it was a long clear tube a bit wider than a UGF riser and about the same length, was air driven...., the shopkeeper assured me it was for a freshwater tank too, I was in a hurry so didn't really understand how it worked or how many brineshrimps it supported (not enough for growing fry I wouldn't think) and when I saw the price tag of AU$55 I stopped short :o and didn't bother to take it out of the box.

I should go back for a better look and maybe the DIY minds here could come up with something.

cheers,

Dianna

Hi Di

I would be careful. The Brineshrimp need a lot of salt to begin with. Then hanging that into a freshwater tank? Any mishaps regarding the eggs could spell disaster. Look for Pegasus' DIY setup for brineshrimps. Could be here or at Boronias.

John

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.