Most wanted fish.

reef

They are quite rare, as everyone else wants them so the changes of getting them is not good.

Big price tag .

Been trying to get black tangs , and they are equally hard to get. But the $400 or so price tag could be a problem for most.

Black_Tangthumb.jpg

I have a medium term plan to put a satelite tank upstairs with one of my carpets (currently on holiday with Pies), a pair of clowns and a couple of corals. I had been thinking of just a pair of clarkii's or something similar, but well maybe..........

But then perhaps I could put the money towards a bit of Hi Fi kit, or a camera, or...or .....

But they are rather nice....

....perhaps next year

nice snowflake clowns, $400 usd plus

Reminds me of the flowerhorns, and mutated goldfish trends in freshwater.

People paying ridiculous prices for deformed fish. I bet the breeders think they hit the jackpot when they find a few misbared clowns in a hatch.

Everything i've seen says they are just genetic mutations of percs or ocellaris clowns, not a separate species in themselves.

Layton

Done some research and looks like you are right. A cross between percs and ocellaris. I've suddenly lost interest in them, although I did like the look of them.

Not a fish either,

Octopus.jpg

But still the top of my list.

Pinnoctopus Condiformis(the maori octopus)

As for real fish, how cool would a saber-toothed viperfish be?

viperfish.jpeg

Maybe at some point in the future deep sea aquarium keeping might become a reality, everything's so weird and violently designed down there.

Somehow I dont think a viper fish would make many peoples christmas lists, and the biggest thing thats facing the deep oceans is bottom trawling.

Its the popularity of reef keeping that destroys it.

Fortunately for me octopus numbers have massivly increased due to human activity.