August 3, 200521 yr comment_59067 Hi I am new to this site and it all looks very exciting to me! Lots happening and many people interested. I have just joined this club and am looking for a nice line of guppies to breed in the deep south of Invercargill. Any suggestions? Werner Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59072 Hi there, I'd recommend PMing PeneJane and MRSkz. They're in your neck of the woods (I think) and both have guppies as well. Good luck and welcome to the site! Oh, if you can't get the guppies you want locally, you might want to ask your LFS (local fish shop) to ship some down or you can always look on TradeMe. Problem is the cost to courier them all the way to you... would be even more pricey than the fish alone.... Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59077 Sorry I can't help with the guppies but welcome to the site. I am sure there are others in your neck of the woods who will be able to offer help or advice Cheers Jude Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59078 hey hey I've got guppies comin out my ears. you want guppies come and get em, as many as you want with in reason of cource. PM me if you would like some. This offer is opend to anyone that can pick em up. Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59084 MRSkz, must be true what they say, the further south you go the nicer the people. Havent seen anyone around Auckland areas offering free fish lately - heck people in this neck of the woods will be bottling fresh air soon and trying to sell it. Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59088 Damn, that's a great idea! Let's bottle Clean Fresh NZ air and ship it over to the nastier cities of the world... like LA... and sell it with a little oxygen mask and stuff.... yeah.... Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59089 Hey, hang on a minnie. I'm all for making money but considering how little fresh air is left I think we should keep what we have :lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers Jude Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59093 do you think we could take the fresh air (probably steal it from southland) and some how get it to reproduce??????? Maybe something like a rainforest in my back yard?? Oh for the dreams of grandure. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59103 LOL, it's a great idea but it'll be bankrupt once people develop a small personal air purifier... could you imagine how quickly a planet could turn into a moon if people just jumped on stuff before they thought it out? Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59104 i'd be happy just to have the rainforest in my backyard :lol: :lol: Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59119 HAHAHA Talk about a topic hijack! Anyway the only strain of fish that I have that seem to be maybe classed as pure is the 1/2 black (I got a pic of my main male on here somewhere in the livebearer pic section) My last female has had her fry but her tail has droped big time so hoping to get some straight black out of her fry (female) to breed with the 1/2 male to get more of that breed. I am needing to get a tank divider in my main tank for this (cheaper set up than a new tank) so I shall keep you posted as to whats happening cheers Report
August 3, 200521 yr comment_59126 So yeah, PJ and MRSkz are the people to talk to Good luck with your endeavors! Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59185 Tis a great idea, but alas you are to slow. My parents had a stopover in japan and on the shelf in a gift store was "Pure Nz Air" yes they will sell anything. Bet we think of the next great idea B Report
August 4, 200521 yr Author comment_59280 Thanks to MRskz I now have a lovely couple of guppies swimming around. This is great and my tank looks lovely and lively. Watch this space! Werner Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59283 Whakatane cans their spare sunshine and tourists lap it up Has a warning on it tho. "Do not open, the flash is dangerous to you eyes" Bloody OSH Alan 104 Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59287 Ahaaa, Is THAT the reason everyone in Whakatane wears dark wrap-around sunglasses? Coyuld you imagine having the natural fragrances of a forest, or kiwi natural bush, in your home? Without resorting to those fake cheap aerosol stink-cans I mean. Whoever manages to recreate 'natural' smells like that is going to make a LOT of money. And 20 years ago, who would have belived a bottle of water would cost twice as much as a bottle of coke? Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59289 Come on guys... we have a new member here that has asked... Hi I am new to this site and it all looks very exciting to me! Lots happening and many people interested. I have just joined this club and am looking for a nice line of guppies to breed in the deep south of Invercargill. Any suggestions? Werner Any more "fish help" in the offing...? Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59298 Thanks to MRskz I now have a lovely couple of guppies swimming around. This is great and my tank looks lovely and lively. Watch this space! Werner Bill, I think Werner was helped out with what he needed. As for anyone else helping, it's a bit $$ to send some guppies down to him.... Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59307 Could send down a truckload of Whakatane Sunshine. I hear it's pretty cold that way this time of year. Alan 104 PS I got killies if they want them, but I see the request is just for guppies. Sorry. Al Report
August 4, 200521 yr comment_59331 the 1/2 black (I got a pic of my main male on here somewhere in the livebearer pic section I was trying to find your pic Penejane...can't find it...would you mind posting a pic of the 1/2 black please Report
August 5, 200521 yr Author comment_59334 Hey thanks for all the good chat and banter and help. About killies?? Can you keep them with community fishes etc? Report
August 5, 200521 yr comment_59336 Heck I don't mined helping anyone out. People have given me plants with only cost being shipping. I've got to many guppies and they breed like "guppies" so if anyone wants some and can come and pick them up I"m more than happy to share. Now for the punch line, I'm an AMERICAN!!! Seems ya'lls cheritable and generose attitude has finally taken over the paranoid American part of me. You know though it's really not paranoia when they ARE out to get you Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.