Silver Arowana.. OR Giant Gourami..

scoobyjene

I want to buy a Silver Arowana.. but upon talking to the guy at Hutt Pets yesturday, he said that they dont live for years and years.. being about 3 -4 yrs and then they die for no reason.. :( ..

I said i was interested in BALDRICK their giant Gourami but i didnt have a tank big enough for him... (he had been sold 2 weeks earlier :) ).. My boys wanted to know where he was.. lol..

So after hearing about the Arowanas maybe not living for years and years, i asked if you can buy the Giants as Babies and YES.. I said COOL.. :lol:

So we are going to buy a baby Giant Gourami.. will have a tank all set up for him or her..

Anyone know whether Arowanas have a short life??

cheers

Aros do live a long time, you should try to get a peachy orange coloured giant gaurami, they look really cool, i had one once in with a silver aro. After comming home to find my aros fins and tail shredded, i moved the gaurami on, oops.

ok.. that great news then..

would one be ok with Giant Gourami??

arowanas and gouramis make excellent tank mates.

I had exactly this combo for 3 years. (not all the same fish tho')

I must say, try and feed them seperately. I had my aro and gourami fighting for food, and I ended up with an agressive gourami