Guppy Tails

PENEJANE

I have noticed that two of my younge fry have what looks like their tails chomped at. Will they grow back or are they gonners?? I am not 100% sure if their tails have been attacked as they don't have any colours in them yet. They are lucky to be 3-4 weeks old or is this when their tails will change to other forms?

Totaly lost!

I have come to the conclusion that the addition of the bumble bee gobys is what has caused many of my guppies tails to be half eaten :cry: My most best looking male now has a huge chunk missing. I hope it grows back with out any distortion. I know that they eat the fry and all that which doesn't bother me to any big extent but my 3-4 month old males are being attacked :( Is it a colour thing like Bettas?? Anything thats flasher in colour than them they attack?

:o:cry: thanks for that info. I guess I will have to give them up :( they are awesome little fish and I had no idea that this would happen. I will see if Maxy wants them back. If not then its off to find another home for them.

I really do hope that my guppies tails do grow back. All of my males have been attacked now yet my females are all fine. The only male that hasn't been touched is my black one. All the others are brightly coloured.

Sooo Sad. :cry:

I wish it was that easy but I don't have the $$$ to buy another tank, heater, gravel, filter and stuff. Hell I can't even get the food that they are supposed to have but was told that they will take flakes if there is nothing else around and apparently thats what maxy said they ate to.

They are awesome little fish but I think that they just don't like the bright colours of the males.

They need someone who is able to take care of them properly.

Well things have gone from bad to worse :cry::cry: . I have not had any luck with getting a hold of maxy and things are really bad in my tank now.

I removed the gobys yesterday and put them into the breeding net. The guppies seemed fine and I had counted how many of them had bits missing from their tails. I then went out to the pet store and they said that there is no way the gobys would do this and that I either have fin rot or a dominant male attacking the others. What gets me is that when the gobys were removed from the other fish the biting stoped. No more tails were damanged. They then gave me Melafix to add to the water and with their assurence I then added the gobys back in with the other fish. Well with in 30-40 mins of them being back in there another 6 fish had tails either completely gone or almost gone and thoes that were attacked earlier had even more missing. The females are all totaly fine, the only fish affected are the males and the 3-4 week old fry. I had two males left that were untouched but since adding the gobys back they to are now torn up. The thing that gets me is that their tails are not just ripped like a knife has gone through them. They have total chunks missing :o:o

Well I then decided to sit down and watch since all the kids were in bed and I had nothing else to do and to my supprise I saw the gobys chasing the fish about the tank and actualy saw it bite a chunk off ones tail which only brought tears to my eyes.

So maxy I am soooo sorry and I did try to get a hold of you but the gobys need to go. It saddens me that it has come to this as they are awesome little fish. I will be taking them out to East Rd as I don't have any $$ to post them to anyone else in such short notice.

Sooo Sorry Maxy :cry::cry::cry:

nah I don't want to run the risk of your guppies getting their tails ripped off. You got some real beautiful colours there and it would be a shame to have happen what is happening to me.

Billaney has already got a couple of the bees and has said that he will take them to add to his other two. Just a matter of finding out the postage and getting all the gear to do it :D

Thanks for the offer tho MRSkz but I would be for ever heartbroken if I put them in your tank and have this happen to you also.

was talking to my husband last night and he said a work mate of his that's into fishy's had the same problem with a little black and yellow fish. They are SUPPOSE to be excelent comunity fishy's but seems they can have big problems.