ReefCentral Tank of the month (zeovit)

ZEOvitANZ

do you put your standards to use on your own tank? :D

:D When i have time.

To tell you the truth, i think my tank looks like crap at the moment.

It's been neglected the last few months because of uni and what not. Things have settled down a bit for a while. This week i've spent a lot of time cleaning, and trying to get it back into shape.

Layton

I am also using Zeovit and could not be happier, hair alge gone and tank has never looked better. Cleaning is easier - less, and everthing is doing nicely.

Great tank of the month, I would be very proud of this tank, also some of the cleanest looking tank I have seen are all use Zeovit.

I know know 5 tanks just in AKL using this and everyone is pleased, seen them first hand.

Arron

And you need and advanced understanding of reef tanks before deciding NOT to use zeovit.

Don't really want to go through this again. To me, the method works, but is a micky duck way of going about achieving something.

Read this for more insight on what the zeovit system is possibly doing:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showt ... enumber=11

Layton

Strange that someone would think that that tank is somehow average in any way shape or form no matter if its tank of the month or not, a tank like that is only something I could dream about. To me that tank is very impressive indeed.

Interesting , Good points by ldrhawke.

Zeo is a very basic system that does work, I quess most people dont like all the secret behind it. and the coral losses, Most people who use zeo have success, but then there are many that wont admit that they have had huge coral losses.

Many companies now also do zeolite which you can put in the filter, it does the same thing. The media even looks the same.

My experiance so far which acids/zeolite dosing has been that everything starts ok then total wipeout of all my soft corals and a few acros. This has happen 3 times. My corals did start to look good, but no reduction in phostphates and nitrates. Then i have tested some tanks using zeo and phostphates are almost zeo insome and still hight in others.

Like any product it has its pluses and minuses .

Hopefully soon we will see a zeo tank from NZ on reefcentral in the next 20 years.

Coral loss's ???

The other zeolites are not the same as zeovit, maybe thats why you have had coral deaths.

Try not to put the other products in the same catorgary as zeovit please.

How would you like it if i compared salifert test kits to say hagen test kits ?

Or deltec to red sea ?

Brendan

I've lots corals without zeovit :(

No going to get invloved with the debate. However I did think that the TOTM this month was fairly ordanary. Although I wounder if the photography was as much to blame as anything, I suspect the tank looks nicer than the pictures reveal.

The reefslides was good though, some stunners in there.

Pie

The other zeolites are not the same as zeovit, maybe thats why you have had coral deaths.

yes you cant use any zeolite .

But the Tunze zeolite for example looks identical, i suspect they come from the same place.

Nothing special about zeovit zeolite just marketing speak. I doubt they are out there mining their own zeolite.

End of the day how a tank looks is down to the skill level of the hobbyist.

Very interesting.

I went thru a phase of adding all sorts of crap to my tank but the only thing I now add, apart from food, is whatever comes out of my CA reactor and what goes in with a water change.

Perhaps my corals could be more colourful, grow faster, be bigger, sing dixie, but they seem to be quite happy ignorantly getting on with their additive deprived lives.

Steve

Actually, that suggests that they work in the exact same way, and could potentially be from the same mine. This is the pitfall of the system.

But the Tunze zeolite for example looks identical, i suspect they come from the same place.

Nothing special about zeovit zeolite just marketing speak.

The "specialness" of the zeovit zeolite more than likely comes from the contaminates it contains.

If it was a pure zeolite it would be white to transparent in colour. Anyone seen freshwater ammonia remover? That is zeolite. The greenish and orange tints in the zeovit stuff come from iron contaminants. It's these which are suspected to play a major part in how the system works.

Zeovit zeolite is not unique. If korallen-zucht, can get it, tunze can get the exact same stuff.

Layton