We have fish !

Fatman

At last I saw my fighting fish spawning on Sunday, great to see, the first time I have ever seen this, and I have just looked at the tank with the Dawf Gourami, whats those things, ??, HEY ITS SMALL FISH, and heaps of them to :D:D

Hey well its new to me :D , even if you others have seen it before :D:D

Rgds

terry

Did you have the bettas in a separate tank or are they in with the gouramis?? Have you removed the female??? Have your registered the spawning with the FNZAS?

Both in diferent tanks and the female betta was removed when the male started to pick on her, about 7 hrs after spawning started as for the gourami, i didn't even know they had spawned, they were in their own tank and on monday night i saw the fry swimming about so i removed the female and about 11 pm the male was removed as he was eating the fry and not putting them back into the nest. It is his first time and proberly dosn't know what to do :o

As for the FNZAS, well im going to put on my dunce cap here, I realy know little about the FNZAS, tell me more, why register the spawning :)

rgds Terry

:D:D Double congratulations there. I had not realised it was a double spawning.

Re the FNAZS I automatically became a member when I joined the Marlborough Fish Club.

The magazine, which is quarterly, is posted to me and well worth the read.

The subscription is included in my M Club subscription - which is only $15 per year.

There are other ppl better qualified than I to share more re FNZAS

Also there may be articles here on site. I have not fully explored this site - yet.

The registering of spawnings is for FNZAS members only. The idea was to encourage members to try fish breeding and to let others know what species were being bred.

Encouraging breeding is very important when many species are now banned imports.

If you go to this forum's homepage (click on the "fnzas.org is here" at the top of the page) you will find out all about the FNZAS and what it has to offer.