new tank

slappers

what do you mean lost? aucklands only small :D call Rod (at about 9:30am) on (09) 232-9781. he built me a marine tank, 1500x600x600 for about $300. i would get wider than 500 if i were you. go 600 minimum. also plan the tank out first and get holes drilled for closed loops.

depth of field = provides much better viewing

aquascaping = more options laying out your rocks

more surface area = better air/surface ratio for gas exchange

more water volume = less chance a small change will effect tank

lost in auckland = get a map :D

rod lives in port waikato i believe - not so far from you then

ok sweet he is me looking for all theses flash pumps from yanky land

and found some in petcity (hamilton) they do a small range. hollywood do a big range starting from 70$. i have got a spare spa pool pump :hail: lol be like a storm in a tea cup lol

Chemera you said this guy built you a 1500 x 600 x 600 tank for $300 man thats cheap, the LFS here charge $690 for a tank that size.

Slappers go wider if you can you'l love the extra space.

I too am building a larger tank myself and am trying to sorce a cheap supplier of glass as i require about 6 Square meters of 10mm glass and the cheapest is Glasstech at $120 + gst i've rung a thew companies and asked if they have any off cuts but they say no sorry, :( maybe people could PM if they know of anywhere down here in Chch that is cheaper or maybe have off cuts, or even better if someone works at a glass place here in Chch they could take pitty on me and PM to do me a deal :).

Robert

hi kermit doing a 1400 x 500 x 600 he is going to charge me 515$ with a overflow and holes its all new glass he said no second hand avalable

would love to go bigger but the wall that is going on is 1500 long plus its going to be put into the wall

Chimera you said this guy built you a 1500 x 600 x 600 tank for $300 man thats cheap, the LFS here charge $690 for a tank that size.

yup, 10mm glass, 1500x600x600. $320 to be precise and it included an overflow. rod's a nice bloke too.

Awsome slappers can't wait to some picks when your done.

I may have to move to Hamilton so i can get a deal on the tank i'm building.

Slappers are you going to put up thread on the Salties forum when you've got it done?

Robert