Howdy Folks

Marktrix

Hi people. I'm Mark, I'm from Auckland....

I'm new to this site, but have kept tropical fishies for the past 2 years as somewhat of a novice, I have a small 50 l tank which I've been using to learn the art of not killing fish! It has been an emotional ride over the past 2 yrs...

I've got the following kids swimming around: neons (of course), golden angels (now outgrowing current tank), Bala/silver sharks, and a pair of boeseman rainbow's...

Once I get a bigger tank I'd like to add a puffer and electric yellows ( haven't figured out if they would be compatible yet...)

I think I've got the hang of things (haven't even lost a neon in the last 7 months!), and I'm considering upgrading tanks to a 150-200l soon (AR-850 or AR 980)

If anyone would like to share pros/cons or experiences with the Aqua One range of tanks, that'd be wicked

There's some awesome info and advice on this site.

Nice to meet you, to meet you nice...

Hi Mark and welcome. The bigger the tank the easier it is to maintain and keep the water parameters stable.

Puffers and electric yellows will not be compatible with the other fish you have, nor with each other.

Can't help you with the Aqua One tanks as I have no experience with them.

Hi Marktrix,

Welcome to the NZ Fishroom.

Very true...

There's some awesome info and advice on this site.

.. and it grows by the hour.

Sure hope you have a big place out there in Auckland, because that tank you have thoughts on will never be enough once the fish bug gets hold of you again :)

Lots of Aucklanders here.. and you may even know a few.

Great to have you join us.

Chat room gets pretty busy around 9 to 10pm each night... but we'll save you a seat if you care to drop in.

Bill.

Hi Marktrix,

I've got an Aqua One AR850 (wish i'd bought the 980) they are a very good display tank and the cheapest place for one is http://www.petplanet.co.nz (what you save on the tank purchase can be used to stock it) :D

If you are able to get to Hollywood Fishfarm they have some quite large Jebo tanks with built in lights and filters that were very well priced and definetly worth a look.

hey mark i have an aquaone tank its a bullet tank im not sure of the make number. i hate the thing, the lid leaks all over the floor, ive been told that many others of this design also do it, other than stained carpet, its not too drastic, the place that stocks them really couldnt care less, so i guess im stuck with the problem. It is a shame as it is an eye catching tanknewtank004.jpg

Travis & Vicki, i've never heard of an Aqua One tank leaking.

That looks like a Jebo tank from what i've seen, what does it say at the bottom of the tank on the right hand side?

I would also take it back and ask for a non leaking replacement or money back, mention Fair Go as it seems to have an amazing effect on store owners.

Hi and welcome. I hope you enjoy the site as much as I do. We usually get together in the chat room at about 9pm each night and sometimes we even stop being silly long enough to talk about fish

Cheers

Jude

hey mark i have an aquaone tank its a bullet tank im not sure of the make number. i hate the thing, the lid leaks all over the floor, ive been told that many others of this design also do it, other than stained carpet, its not too drastic, the place that stocks them really couldnt care less, so i guess im stuck with the problem. It is a shame as it is an eye catching tank

I have a R2-150 (5ft tank, looks the same as that) - it doesn't leak at all from the hood... wierd. They def cost more than buying a simple glass tank/stand and a filter, but in the lounge it looks fantastic.

Hi Martrix!

You have1 year and about 10 months more experience than me :lol:

Have been learing lots here...you'll enjoy this site...folks are REALLY friendly and have lots and lots and lots of experience to share.