Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Power outage (scheduled)

Featured Replies

Hi Guys,

I just got an email from Vector, for a power outage, at my place, over 2 days

I'm just a little worried about my tanks, why winter! WHY WHY!, I'm just hoping it's not too cold on these days... I'm in Auckland, house doesn't get too cool, 

Tanks are 750l Acrylic & 100 litre Glass 

750l, contains, 150+ Zebra Danios, Emperor Tetras, Kissing Gourami's, Whiptail cats

100l contain  25+ Corys

Questions, how do I keep the tanks warm, (I'm just hoping for a warmish couple of days?) 

I don't have a fire place or anything, should I get a generator in? run the filters/heaters on that?

wrap the tanks up in blankets? our shouldn't worrie?

Outage Date(s) Monday 30 July 2018, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm AND Tuesday 31 July 2018, 12:15 pm - 3:15 pm

Thanks

-Chris

 

I wouldn't worry about heat too much  It probably will only cool a few degrees over a whole day, nothing to worry about.   But you can throw some blankets over them if really worried.  I'd be more worried about the filters.  Probably give them a quick clean and drop the media in the tank would be the easiest to keep the media alive.  Stir up the water every once ina  while like livingart says.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.