my experiance with rowaphos

Brianemone

After reading peoples differing opinions of rowaphos i decided i might give it a try.

So i procured myself 100 grams of the stuff, and put it into the little sock thingy on the outlet of my skimmer.

ill take some pics tonight and then twice a week from then on to see what the story is with this stuff and how my acro's do with it.

obviously the test will not be accurate as its not the only thing that has changed recently but i think it will be interesting to see what happens

Briananemone - You probably won't get any different results with ROWA than with any of the other phosphate resins. ROWA is popular becuase it can be fluidised, which is a popular method in Eurpoe for ringing the life out of the media :)

I am looking at adding it to my own tank, running a kg or 2 at a time. Mind me asking what 100g is worth and where you got it?

Cheers

Pie

To use rowaphos correctly you have to fluidise it as it will work much better.

I have used both Salifert and rowa in a sock, but have never fludise it, will soon see when all the reactors arrive in a few weeks if it is any better than Salifert.

I would think that the rowaphos will be more effective in a fluidised filter as it will get much better water contact.

Pricing could be a issue as it is not cheap, will cost more than salifert .

Not sure on retail pricing yet, but could be around this mark looking at overseas pricing.

1000ml $110

250ml $50

It looks like it will cost about 20% more than salifert, so hopefully everyone will get 20% extra performance.

Be nice to see the photos from the same angle and with the same light and exposure etc. Hard to tell from the photos as they are so different.

Good to see some colour potential though.

Pie

millions and then some

i have noticed a reduction in them in the higher areas of the tank but i attribute that to the added flow.

the colouration has been slowly improving from the time of purchase of the two shown corals but i have noticed an improvement in the last few days

the improvements between these photos are not soo much from the rowaphos as they are from been in my tank :D

especialy with the second coral, from now ill take all the pics from the second angle as it gives a far truer account of the colours. :D

what do flatworms look like? are they the little dots in the pic? what stores here sell rowaphos? i just cant seem to get my acro's to colour up (well, they are but bloody slowly) - at that price im willing to give it a try too.

i had a flatworm infestation a few months ago, there were millions of them. purchased a packet of flatworm exit to get rid of them. but after reading the instruction i decided against it. didn't seem safe enough for me to use. so i just waitedand did nothing (that was hard)

since then my flatworm population has dropped to a very small number.

• 2 weeks later...