my new tank thread

Brianemone

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

6,500 is good, but looks ugly not sure if that is an issue.

10,000 will also do a good job, just costs a bit more.

Can't remember Brian, was it you that went in with me on some 75 watt 6,500 k halides maybe a year or so ago? That could be good for this.

Lots of different sorts growing, about 5 differnt calurpas, some reds and calcerous stuff as well as other bits and pieces too. Not sure of names. If I get a chance i'll snap off a pic and post it.

Am using 2x 250watt 10k BLVs reverse light cycle 12 hrs a day.

Pie

i've got about 3 different types of caulerpa in the fuge, i leave lights on 24x7 (as of about a month ago, I used to use reverse cycle) to stop caulerpa going sexual. fuge is only a 4 footer and has 4 x 36W fluoro's (2 white, 2 actinic)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

acrylic is quite expensive, unless you can source some 2nd hand then glass maybe better. however acrylic is obviously moldable (sp?) and easier to cut. you can always make a hybrid like i did - a 3 foot glass tank with perspex baffles. glueing perspex is alot more difficult than with glass too.

ill have to see if i can get some second hand glass,

what reccomendations can people make for a skimmer?? cause i want to make sure i leave enough room should i upgrade skimmer.

ive been looking at the aquac ev series, i would definatly want something inline with the overflow.

http://www.eaquanature.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=40_61_67&products_id=181

Hard to go past the Deltec AP850 AP702 or 902 for inline skimmer.

I've owned the AP850 and 902 and would reccomend both without reservation.

Might find one floating around 2nd hand or there are people on this site than can do great great prices on them new.

Pie

the ap series are all rather tall so it would be hard to fit under my cabinet, they would be a great skimmer for when i dont have to have the skimmer under the tank

??? The AP702 is a short squat skimmer designed specificaly to fit under cabinet!

Pies

Deltec have just made a new skimmer which will fit under tanks

For a long time there had been a space in the range of Deltec skimmers for someone who wanted AP850 Performance but wanted to fit the unit within a standard cabinet.

The AP701 produces a maximum level of air at 750 lts per hour but will be more efficient in most aquariums turned down to 600-650 lts using the tap. This is due to turbulence in the neck of the skimmer drawing foam back into the body.

On a low nutrient SPS tank however it should be possible to use all of the air as the level of foam will normally be less.

The general performance and suitability criteria of this model should be classed as the same as the AP851

AP701-AP851.gif

You can also get the turbo skimmers which sit in the sump.

turboskimx3.jpg

If you want more details pm me as i dont want to turn this into a commercial .

ill probably go with the deltec ap600 when i manage to get some $$$

i have got the stand back from the welders and have put on the first coat of antirust paint, will finish that tonight.

just need to find a goot source of ply for the cladding and design the front of the cabinet