Pump for overflow with 4cm drain pipe

fmueller

I am setting up a tank with an overflow that has a 4 cm drain pipe.  I really wanted 5 cm, but the dude who built my tank made the hole a little too small, and I can only fit a bulkhead for a 4 cm inner diameter pipe. So that's what I have to work with.

Seeing that I wanted lots of flow, I went for a Jecod DCT-15000 pump, thinking that I could always regulate it down, if need be.  Well, I underestimated this pump, which is a monster!  Even on the lowest setting, it sucks my sump dry, because the water just can't return fast enough through the overflow.

My wife wants some type of water feature for the garden, so the DCT-15000 will come in handy for that project, but now the question is, what pump should I buy for my tank? I'll probably order online for cost savings. Any suggestions appreciated!

No, it isn't. I've attached two drawings, but I'll post pictures and an explanation of the setup once it's finished. I trust, it is nothing like you have ever seen before.  :smiley_wink_ani:

Running it on siphon isn't possible. Siphon drain pipes give me the creeps anyhow. I never had one, but in my previous tank I had two 5 cm drain pipes, which allows for an insane flow without siphon.

I did some calculations myself, and I ordered a Jecod DCT-4000. If I don't get enough current, I'll have to add a wavemaker. Would be a pain, because right now there is no technology in the tank, and I'd like to keep it that way, but we'll see.

This might well turn out to be the greatest disaster ever built, but there is hope yet.  :D

3m tank 2.jpg

3m tank.jpg

Edited by fmueller

Your problem is the heights of tote, barrels etc in the shed

It looks like you pump uphill from the tote with poret in it

the blue line is greatest capacity of sump water you can have without flooding living room when power goes off

the only way to increase it is to take sump to green box line allowing more water for pump to work to capacity

fmueller tank.jpg