Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pump for overflow with 4cm drain pipe

Featured Replies

I am setting up a tank with an overflow that has a 4 cm drain pipe.  I really wanted 5 cm, but the dude who built my tank made the hole a little too small, and I can only fit a bulkhead for a 4 cm inner diameter pipe. So that's what I have to work with.

Seeing that I wanted lots of flow, I went for a Jecod DCT-15000 pump, thinking that I could always regulate it down, if need be.  Well, I underestimated this pump, which is a monster!  Even on the lowest setting, it sucks my sump dry, because the water just can't return fast enough through the overflow.

My wife wants some type of water feature for the garden, so the DCT-15000 will come in handy for that project, but now the question is, what pump should I buy for my tank? I'll probably order online for cost savings. Any suggestions appreciated!

  • Author

No, it isn't. I've attached two drawings, but I'll post pictures and an explanation of the setup once it's finished. I trust, it is nothing like you have ever seen before.  :smiley_wink_ani:

Running it on siphon isn't possible. Siphon drain pipes give me the creeps anyhow. I never had one, but in my previous tank I had two 5 cm drain pipes, which allows for an insane flow without siphon.

I did some calculations myself, and I ordered a Jecod DCT-4000. If I don't get enough current, I'll have to add a wavemaker. Would be a pain, because right now there is no technology in the tank, and I'd like to keep it that way, but we'll see.

This might well turn out to be the greatest disaster ever built, but there is hope yet.  :D

3m tank 2.jpg

3m tank.jpg

Edited by fmueller

I hope you have shares in a power company:

That tank will take a lot of heating with the water flowing through the outside shed B|

Your problem is the heights of tote, barrels etc in the shed

It looks like you pump uphill from the tote with poret in it

the blue line is greatest capacity of sump water you can have without flooding living room when power goes off

the only way to increase it is to take sump to green box line allowing more water for pump to work to capacity

fmueller tank.jpg

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.