WTB Bladderwort, Barclaya motleyi, blackwater crypts

nays

Would love to get my hands on some bladderwort/Utricularia if possible, I wonder if anyone is keeping it and could spare a little bit?  Barclaya motleyi is supposed to be in the country, but I've found no commercial sources.  Crypts, would love C. cordata var cordata, or C. griffithii, or any species that will grow in pH 5 or less, but I have no idea whether these blackwater crypts are in NZ.

Putting together a blackwater tank and hoping to plant it :-)

Yep only grow in the far north as far as I can make out, both the native and unwanted varieties.  There used to be a carnivorous plant society, I was going to contact them but they seem to have gone and their name has been taken by a Mexican fantasy band, whatever that is... lol

7 minutes ago, Adrienne said:

We are more than a forum  -  https://aquariumworld.nz/databases/1-plants/

Thanks Adrienne!  I hadn't seen the databases.  The info on C. cordata and C. griffithii is a bit confusing: the database refers to C. griffithii (siamensis) but these names are not synonymous, C. griffithii being a blackwater species and C. cordata var. siamensis tolerating harder water and higher pH.  I have read that plants referred to as C. cordata are almost always C. cordata var. siamensis as it is much easier to grow than other cordata varieties.  In any case I'd like to give either a try, if I knew where to get them.