How to prepare beef heart???

shiuh

can anyone tell me how to prepare beef heart for my guppies?? to me feeding fish with these seems messy and dirty up the tank. but this is a risk im willing to take for the best of my guppies. Has anyone got a better solution of preparing this??

cheers ballistic. heres is an article i found on net:

• Beef heart "Supreme"

Ingredients
    6-7 pounds of Beefheart
    2 jars strained carrots
    2 jars strained green beans
    2 hard-boiled egg yolks

Instructions

1. Remove all fat and sinew from beefheart
    2. Cut clean beefheart into 1/2 inch cubes
    3. Blend 1 cup of cubed heart with 1-1 1/2 cups of water until syrup consistency
    4. Strain mixture through a collander disposing of all remaining fat and sinew
    5. Mix in other ingredients after thinning with water (you can add any other supplements at this time)
    6. Freeze in freezer bags removing all captured air (you can lay them fiat on large cookie tins)
    7. Before feeding, allow to melt slightly to facilitate breakup (another choice would be to use a ginger grater to grate the frozen heart directly into the tanks)

Other than uneaten residue, there should not be any problem with feeding frozen beefheart once a day. Coupled with newly-hatched baby brine shrimp, it is an excellent way to put SIZE on your fish.

i got a frozen beef heart N liver tucker from animates the other day. cost about $9.95 i think. the fish just love it! they cant get enough of it. other than that i would presume beef heart would increase the the lifespan of guppies to 50% and yield more fries!!

just to clarify for myself, is beef heart same as ox heart found in the supermarket?

• 2 weeks later...

What I do for my Discus is get beef/ox heart cut all fat etc off and cut in to strips. Roll these in to a sauage size roll and freeze. Once this is frozen grate and mix with flake or what ever u want. Roll this in to finger size roll and freeze. When u want to feed out just break of how much u want. If waters looking drity feed less and top up with flake. My Guppies love it and the Discus has to get in when he can. Put the Guppies in with the Discus for live food but the Discus like there Beef far to much to bother chasing around for food.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, I've mixed my guppies up a batch of this stuff and they love it. However I don't enjoy the mess of having a ball of floating meatstuff slowly disinigrating into my tank. Anyone got any ideas how to keep the mess down and contained?