planning on setting up a marine

Anthony

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pies - your clowns have spawned? Awesome man. You've got it right then aye ! What do you reckon the chances are on raising the fry?

Ive been seriously thinking about trying to breed friedmanis - they are supposed to be on the "easier" (sic) end of the scale for marine breeding.

planing on getting it from island bay

yes pie's i have seen your set up but that was awhile ago when u didnt have any of the sump room built

i was kicking my self last wednesday that i couldnt come round(kapimana club meeting) i had to work :x

i will try make a day of it go see your setup iras and sehpews if possible

cheers

cookie extreme

A couple of days ago I emailed Paradise and asked them to activate my homepage that I have available to me with the plan I have.

I got an automated reply that said it would be sorted with 4 days.

That has come and I downloaded the software CuteFTP.

I no you guys have offered but I want to get this home page sorted so I can do this properly.

I have a video camera that takes stills but the still quality insn't very good, I'll use it anyway and change the pictures later as I rebuild my tank to its former glory. on my current budget it should take about fourty years.

At the moment I'm rebuilding the old skimmer that I made for the main tank Somehow it was broken while in the garage.

Bare with me on the picture.

Aaron

Containers for carrying the water, there are some great ones at Moore Wilsons. 20L with a fairly wide mouth on them, about $12 each. I wish I could trade mine for those, the wider mouth would make collecting water so much easier and faster.

And as far as building the sump, Peter and Port Nicholson glass. Just give him a design and he'll build it for you.

I'm not sure if it's nationwide or not, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of them in the wellington area though. They're more oriented to selling to restaraunts and things though, have things like 5 kilo buckets of gherkins...You need a membership too, I think. But the wifey has one. If you want them and can't get them, Ant, I could probably go grab them for you.

for the overflow box/corner piece....i think i remember pies saying that his 1 is laser cut?correct?

and i guess it would be made of somthing like arcrylic.

would that be expensive....or is it a possibilty to consider....

Sure, I'll just grab my digital camera and drive down there, take a pic and...

Nope, I can't.:) Think your standard white plastic jerry can type thing, but the mouth on it looked like it was about 50% bigger in diameter.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony - Easy :)

Egg Crate - You want to only use the non-coated stuff. Costs $15.00 per sheet, available from Mulford Plastics in the Hutt.

All the plumbing you nee can be found at Mico Plumbing & Pipelines in lower Hutt (Parliament Street). WARNING - They are grumpy buggers, make sure you know what you want before you go in (name and size) and don't expect them to refund your mistakes more than once. I can help you out, it can be daunting but easy when you know how.

Food for fish and coral - You are so far away from needing this its not funny. For a begineer I suggest flake (Lower Hutt Pet Centre) or frozen Brineshrimp (Lower Hutt Pet Center). Forget feeding corals for now, its a long way off for you.

Overflow box. Cactus plastics or any of the 3 plastics placed on Sydney street in Petone. Plastic will cost between $0-$20 depending on size and colour. Folding included in that price. Cut a comb out with a hack saw/dremal and a drill or get it laser cut add $80.00.

Easy peasy mate.

Pies

Again come around. I did my first one with a drill press and a dremal, worked fine (Thats on the sump downstairs). I got it laser cut because I was lazy, doing it by hand with a drill and a dremal or even jigsaw will save you $80.

Pie